FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By Luis
Hello,

A friend of mine has a kit of venus fly trap seeds.He opened the bag and got one seed and broke it a little by accident but then he broke it more and nothing was in it,does this mean tat its not viable? :?:

Thanx,

Luis
By WORMSS
a Kit with 1 seed?...

that sounds terrible.. I have seen SUPER CHEAP kits which come with atleast 10 seeds...
By Venus Fly Trap Kid
Hello,

Wormss sorry my mistake there were 5 seeds but he broke one does tat mean tat all of them are not viable?
By Steve_D
Luis wrote:A friend of mine has a kit of venus fly trap seeds.He opened the bag and got one seed and broke it a little by accident but then he broke it more and nothing was in it,does this mean tat its not viable?

I can't believe someone would sell a packet of VFT seeds that contains only 5 seeds! How much did it cost? Where did he buy it? If there are enough people who will buy packets of only 5 seeds, I could turn my 1,200 remaining seed stock from last year into a fortune! :mrgreen:

But anyway, I think I would soak the seeds in distilled water in a warm place to try to rehydrate them if they're old, and if they are viable they will probably germinate in 2-5 weeks. It doesn't hurt to try. :)

Where does your friend live? There is a man in Colombia who may buy my entire remaining stock of seeds, but if he doesn't (I should know within a week or so), I would be happy to send your friend a free packet of ~50 Dionaea muscipula seeds.

Best wishes and good luck--

Steve
By Carl
Hi Luis, I would love to help you out with some seed but because I thought I would not need to send any more out all my spare seed I throw in some pots back in December (sorry)
By hackerberry
Hi Luis,

I've got some move VFT seeds to spare. PM me your address and I will send some to you. If the seedcoat was broke, it is still fine.

hb
By Steve_D
dalat_1960 wrote:In Vietnam, 10-15 usd for 10 seeds. It's a nightmare if they do not germinate :P
Nguyen, wait for a couple months (the end of May or June) for this year's Venus Flytrap seed harvest. Then I (and maybe others) will send some seeds to you in Vietnam for free (I'll send 50 seeds at least). I would send you some now but a person just bought all of my remaining supply.

Steve
By dalat_1960
Steve_D wrote:
dalat_1960 wrote:In Vietnam, 10-15 usd for 10 seeds. It's a nightmare if they do not germinate :P
Nguyen, wait for a couple months (the end of May or June) for this year's Venus Flytrap seed harvest. Then I (and maybe others) will send some seeds to you in Vietnam for free (I'll send 50 seeds at least). I would send you some now but a person just bought all of my remaining supply.

Steve
It's very kind of you. If I recieve them, I'll share with other newbies in my country. They are interested in Carnivorous Plants. God bless all members of this forum!

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!