FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Jagasian
_-SphagnumFromHell-_ wrote:Wow that thing is going crazy there! What kind of light are you using?
Two 18 inch T5 Sunblaster LED lights, and two 18 inch T5 HO fluorescent lights. My PAR meter gives a reading of 600 ppfd at the top center of the plant and 350 at the bottom edges of the plant. The lights are on for 16 hours a day. The inside of the traps and the cilia turn a deep purple, and parts of the leaves and outside of the traps blush red.

I am also feeding it rehydrated dried bloodworms, and I am watering it with 1.7mg of a chemical called azoxystrobin. It is a chemical designed to be a systemic fungicide, but it has a side effect on healthy plants of increasing chlorophyll and growth rate.
Dan V liked this
By Jagasian
Here is another short time lapse video from a top down view point.

A few important things to notice in the video. It starts a few days after I transplanted the plant from the 3 inch diameter Fly Trap Store cup it was shipped in back in January into the 7.1 inch planter pot in the video. The plant was so tightly packed into the Fly Trap Store cup, that the roots were damaged when yanked out of the cup, and so the plant was shocked and died back the first few seconds of the video.

At about 6 seconds in to the video, you can notice a jump in the plants growth rate and an increase in the green coloration of the plant. This is caused by the 1.7mg of azoxystrobin that I watered the plant with. Azoxystrobin has a “greening effect” on plants because it acts as a super anti-oxidant for the chloroplasts... which keeps them from being damaged by photo radiation.
Dan V liked this
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

So sorry I can’t make it for this one. If th[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!