FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By vagabundos 91
today find out my second vft with their long spindly leaf stalk (I mean normal healthy vft in summer with “spindly” with long leaf stalk which posses a larger trap, just like other normal vft in summer, however I don’t have a picture and I’ll try to get a picture by my friend cam next time) almost lie to the soil on the hot spot, when check thoroughly, the soil are dry, almost to cracked. the leaf look flaccid and wilten but still green and not completely dried up with their trap seem to not respond again when poke, i think the soil are wet enough due of heavy rain at last week without checking thoroughly, Realizing of this, i watering again until the soil are very wet. After 6 hours later, their long stem is standing and their trap seem to respond again.
By HarrisAz
the weather here is quite drastic ya know this few days.Been raining heavily from morning till evening with 100%humid, and then drop till 50-60s during evening with a warm sun,that might shock the VFT i guess.

just monitor the soil and not to let the soil dehydrate.
By victor
Yeah just ley this be an educatred lesson. Make sure the soil is never too wet or dry. :)

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!