FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By protocarnivorous 61
Hello everyone ,
I am waiting impatiently for spring to get here in Utah . I was wondering what temperature range would be good to move my VFT outdoors ? that would be average day temps to average night temps ? As it is now indoors , it is around 60 - 70 degrees F . Current weather conditions in my sig . Thanks in advance for your help .
By dan f
im by no means a professional but from what ive read on this site if there is enough sun getting to the plants (eg 5-6 hrs) then daytime temps around that temp should be fine. maybe bring them in from the cold overnight. i hope i havent missed the mark too much!

cheers,dan
By dantt99
protocarnivorous 61 wrote: I was wondering what temperature range would be good to move my VFT outdoors ?
You can start to move them outdoors once the temps get into the low 40's at night. I see that now your weather is in the low 30's, once it gets up to about 40 at night you can put them out :)
Good luck!
By victor
For me I live in zone 6. Hear we take them out of dormancy around early to mid march. But it's
still to cold to put them outside so we leave them inside our homes till April.
By Daniel_G
I've been putting my plant's out in the day and taking them in at noght, and they love it!

I did manage to leave a FlyTrap out, and it was fine, until it got blown into my pond (i Still havn't found it) But otherwise, in a week or so, they should be able to start staying out :D
By tommyr
victor wrote:For me I live in zone 6. Hear we take them out of dormancy around early to mid march. But it's
still to cold to put them outside so we leave them inside our homes till April.
Yup, that's what I do here in N.Y. Mine are in south and west windows. I have more to move out of the fridge yet.

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!