FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Sky924
I'd get one of each B52 and a Big mouth, My B52s i got from matt, and they were shipped dormant have some deep red traps!! check out my pics in my thread. Now new traps have come in some BIG ones, and they are starting to color up. I have them under artifical lighting so i dont expect too deep of color developement. But come summmer they will be getting full sun for about 4 hrs and after sundown i will bring them back in. Hopefully they will color up more, But the size of these traps! They colud be Albino and i would still be happy!
By DTDream18
I was really interested when I saw this post. My collection consists almost exclusively of Big Mouths and B52's. Although I just ordered a bunch of Dutch, Red Dragon and Yellow Flytraps to my collection. I have 17 Big Mouths and over 20 B52's in my collection.

I've purchased B52's from various sources. The nicest ones came from Flytrapstore, Conners Carnivores and Predatory plants. All very nice plants, all comparable in quality. But the service at Flytrapstore is by far the best.
Warning ... I just ordered three B52's from Carnivorous plant nursery. I ordered 3 medium plants and when they arrived they were tiny. And I mean tiny ... This will be my last purchase from that source.

My Big mouths also have come from various sources. Flytrapstore, Petflytrap, Cooks Carnivores and others. The plants I received from Flytrapstore were awesome. Nobody else's Big Mouths were even close.

As far as the plants go. My B52's have grown some pretty impressive traps. Some of them have pretty nice red/purple coloration. But most of the plants don't have very impressive coloration. My Big Mouths however almost all have brilliant red color traps. Not quite as big as the B52's but still quite impressive size wise.

All of my plants were pretty much grown under the same artificial lighting. Last year I did give them quite a bit of time outside in my garden under the bright sun. This really made my Big mouths a bright red. This year I'm trying something different. They just came out of dormancy and I'm growing them under a Glowpanel 45 LED lighting system. I'm hoping this will intensify the colors of all of my plants.

To sum it up. If you want the nicest colors I would definately go with the Big mouths. You won't be dissapointed with the size of the traps either.
By Krisshawnee
Thank you both for your input! For now, I'm seriously leaning towards big mouths. The large traps would be awesome but at least for starters, I'd like to go with the coloration. Then, perhaps at a later date, I'll order a b52 as well. I'm already plotting to get them from the flytrapstore once items are back in stock. Here's hoping that's soon!
By victor
Good luck with it and hane fun with your future plant

I would only use a water trey for peat/perlite. LF[…]

I wonder if you could mix a small amount of the gr[…]

Flytrap Growth

Nice pic!

Red meat viability claims

This is a good example of a “predatory&rdquo[…]

Watering my Venus Flytrap

You can collect rainwater. I have also used water […]

Dan V and ITS, I followed and bookmarked the links[…]

Drosera seeds in water?

I did not think drosera needed to be water stratif[…]

The "Bisnick" mini bog Okay, I'll […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!