FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Oblivion
dear north hemisphere'ians.

i thought we had a long standing agreement.

4 seasons, with the time shared equally around the world so we all get a bit of everything.

but i see this year, you want to play funny bugger's with us south hemispherians.

well the gigs up.
im calling you all out.

its time to give us back spring and summer. i dunno what your playing at, keeping the good weather from us.
we've passed spring and are into summer.

yet you refuse to share in the rotation and play nicely with all of the other children.

its time you stopped hogging that nice weather..
we've had enough of winter/autumn conditions.

even my CP's have had enough. i waited a whole year for spring + summer to see all my plants growth, yet their growth is being stunted by overcast, drizzly weather.

or like the other night, we had something like 6000 lightning strikes within 24hrs. roofs lifted, trees and power lines downed. my back yard turned into a swimming pool
sarracenia pitchers all battered and bruised :evil:
Attachments:
summer weather.JPG
summer weather.JPG (75.82 KiB) Viewed 1820 times
By Daniel_G
US STEALING THE GOOD WEATHER!!! what are you on? were having temperature highs of 1C 1 flippin C plus weve got snow!!! we dont have any good weather !!!!! lol :lol:
By Steve_D
Dear Southern Hemispherians-- Sorry for your cool, autumn-like weather when it should be warm and sunny. We have little sympathy, however, because we are experiencing winter, our plants are dormant, much of the time the sky is overcast and drizzly and depressing, and misery loves company.

Other than the fact that we hate you southern hemispherians for the time being because at least your plants are in their growing season while ours languish in dormancy limbo, we wish you well. Just don't let us know about any good fortune or happiness you may feel because we are grumpy and may be inclined to snap back.

Yours sincerely, --Northern Hemispherians
:)
Steve_D, Steve_D, Steve_D and 3 others liked this
By Daniel_G
Steve_D wrote:Dear Southern Hemispherians-- Sorry for your cool, autumn-like weather when it should be warm and sunny. We have little sympathy, however, because we are experiencing winter, our plants are dormant, much of the time the sky is overcast and drizzly and depressing, and misery loves company.

Other than the fact that we hate you southern hemispherians for the time being because at least your plants are in their growing season while ours languish in dormancy limbo, we wish you well. Just don't let us know about any good fortune or happiness you may feel because we are grumpy and may be inclined to snap back.

Yours sincerely, --Northern Hemispherians
:)
pure genius...why didnt i think of that lol :lol:

Sure, the more the merrier! Just remember to add t[…]

Ah! If possible, then, could I add the mixed dros[…]

Oddly shaped Sarr

Hey all, a couple of pitchers came up with corkscr[…]

May 2024 Photo Contest - In the Bog

Here’s my big! Established in late 2021 Fi[…]

Does this Rooting hormone work for Byblis?

I’ve grown Byblis for a while but never trie[…]

That looks something like mineral burn. What subst[…]

Nepenthes cold shock?

I'm just dipping my toes into the world of nepenth[…]

New to carnivorous plants!

I have two little pots (the ones they came from L[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!