FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By carnivorous1123
hey , bascily what the title says haha :D
fish tank.jpg
fish tank.jpg (53.56 KiB) Viewed 3913 times
(without the water and all that)
it has a flourescent tube spot in it here ->
flourescent tube.jpg
flourescent tube.jpg (43.96 KiB) Viewed 3913 times
just wondered what flourescent tube specifications i would need for getting strikes from cephalotus thanks!
By eou812
That would not make a good terrarium any carnivorous plant can surive without 50+ humidity and i mean any. with exept's for Cephs and helim
By carnivorous1123
idc?? i grow drosera cephs and butterworts in there and they are doing extremely well so before you say what i can and cant grow in my terrarium check out what is growing in their first. also this post is pretty old. i think you should check your facts with other members before making such bold statements as many cps othe rthan cpehs and helis survive in terrarium.
By carnivorous1123
just wondered what flourescent tube specifications i would need for getting strikes from cephalotus thanks!
so it says i was planning on growing cpehs in their from the start...
By eou812
Dud you can grow any carnivorous plant in an terrarium BUT WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY IS THAT IS NOT HEALTHY FOR THEM i mean come on carnivorous1123 calm DOWN!!!!!!!
By carnivorous1123
im not the one that should calm down, yes cp's can live without humidity but it is better with humidity, also im not so stupid to put vfts or sarrs in a terrarium they will die without the correct dormancy i grow them outside and also i said THEY CAN LIVE HEALTHY in a terrarium which is ofcourse true, most people grow lowlanders in terrariums becasue of tyhe high temp and humidity needed so not just helis and cephs can THRIVE other plants do too thats what im trying to say.
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!