FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Submit a photo to enter the contest or vote for your favorite photo submission

Moderator: Matt

By jht-union
Hey Matt, i think VFT's will look great in winter, we could have a contest for the best dormant vft photo!!, that would be fun, for example Veronis pics in the thread "VFT's looking awful? Read this. (pics)"( http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/vft-s ... t2973.html ), they are really good pics about VFT's in their dormarcy.

and thankss for the people donating the prices, and thanks to matt & steve for another great FTC contest!!!!, hope to see really good pics in this contest!!!=D
By Matt
jht-union wrote:Hey Matt, i think VFT's will look great in winter, we could have a contest for the best dormant vft photo!!, that would be fun, for example Veronis pics in the thread "VFT's looking awful? Read this. (pics)"( vft-s-looking-awful-read-this-pics-t2973.html ), they are really good pics about VFT's in their dormarcy.
That's true. We're still planning on running at least one contest over the winter months, especially since there are a lot of people on the forums from Australia and that's when their plants will look the best.
jht-union wrote:and thankss for the people donating the prices
Yes, I can't thank them enough for all of their donations.
By Oblivion
Matt wrote:
Horatia wrote:I hope there's one next month, I've only had my VFT 2 months... :(
This will likely be the last one for the year. We might run one during the dead of winter, maybe around Christmas time and make it Christmas themed. The problem is that almost everyone's plants will be dormant in a month or so and won't be all that pretty to look at. Don't forget that there's always next year :)
aawww.. so you guys get to post all the photo's of great plants, and never a dormant plant.. and us south hemispherians (is that a word? if not, someone add it to urban dictionary) anyway us south hemispherians always have to compete with our dormant plants :cry:

even now, im waiting till the last days of the contest to post as theyre just starting to stretch out and yawn for food with this fantastic spring weather we're having.

make it a quarterly contest? march, june, sept, dec. (march for us is prime growth time, i guess sept would be for you?)
edit: YEEAAAHHH!!! :P :idea: xmas photo contest! yeah, everyone will put santa hats or tinsell on their sarras, traps, a dewy capensis decorated up like a xmas tree! (hey thats my idea get ya own! ;) )

if not, twice a year. end of your summer, the next one at the end of our summer. thats when everyones plants are at their premium, but it aint many contests :)
By eou812
oblivion it's not xmas its CHRISTMAS FOR JESUS! you should be right on all of those thinks sonnds like goos ideas exept for so called "xmas" it should be for CHRISTMAS! have a holly jolly xmas noy i don't think have a holly jolly CHRISTMAS (FOR JESUS)
By Oblivion
your preaching to an athiest.

too many contradictions and condoned killings in them books for me, most of its based on ancient egyptian belief's which predates everything except maybe paganism but thats a story for another thread which you wont want to get me started on anyway :o

whats my "xmas" ? its about all our family gathering over a good feed,company and conversation (if ya must know)

so yeah back on the happy joy joy topic of CP's...
in december lets have a happy KWANZAA/Xmas/christmas/krissymas/hannuka/whatever themed CP show :D
By eou812
Now thats better but not all the way but i guess if i am preaching to an athiest it will have to do lol.
By Matt
Oblivion wrote:make it a quarterly contest? march, june, sept, dec.
We've considered that and we may end up going that route. But the majority of the forum members here are in the US, so having them bunched together during our summer months works out better for most of the people. Sorry you south hemispherians ;)
By Matt
Another prize has just been donated for the overall US winner! Carol Stiff, founder of the Home Tissue Culture Group, has donated a Kitchen Culture Kit! Details are in the first post of this thread.
By Carl
Matt wrote:Another prize has just been donated for the overall US winner! Carol Stiff, founder of the Home Tissue Culture Group, has donated a Kitchen Culture Kit! Details are in the first post of this thread.
What a great prize, almost tempted to move to the US :)

Thank you Carol for the donation
By eou812
yes thanks Carol and what is a Kitchen culture kit?
By Matt
eou812 wrote:yes thanks Carol and what is a Kitchen culture kit?
There are links in the first post in this thread here:
In addition, Carol Stiff, founder of Home Tissue Culture Group has generously donated a Kitchen Culture Kit to the overall top finisher in the US! Wow! This is a great kit for anyone wanting to start learning tissue culture. Thanks a lot for the generous donation Carol!
By jht-union
really good pics so far!!!!, this will be a very competitive contest, and for the ones voting, it will be hard to make the decision!!!

good luck to everyone!!! =D
By weirdscience
Matt is it ok to upload 2 versions of the same photo, I am entering a Phantogram of a pot of Fused Tooth VFT. The best way to view is as an anaglyph with a pair of red/cyan glasses and lay your monitor flat then you look down at about a 45 degree angle and the pot will appear to sit on top of your monitor on my 22" monitor it is a little larger than life size. I can also uplaod a cross view but anaglyph is the best way to view but not everyone has the glasses (you can get a pair in the October issue of Maxim)

Craig

@InTheSwamp I have heard that idiom, and I definit[…]

Lyra request U. calcyfida Bonus N. + finlaysoniana[…]

1 year old cape!

I would really be interested in getting some see[…]

Lee’s Botanical Gardens has some drosera for[…]

Better-Gro LFSM

I show Lowes carrying both, although I had not s[…]

Rosemary Oil Miticide

The Rasta Bob's link doesn't work. I may have to […]

Garden_Nymph Requests - Cancelled

Got it. TY. I will repost this Wed. I wasnt sure. […]

Oh, I know flavas are large, given the photos of t[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!