FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Lawndude84
I've noticed some tiny metallic bugs crawling around in the soil of some of my terrarium plants, and just recently I saw a few on my plants as well. They're showing no signs of damage and I've noticed them for about 2 weeks now. The bugs themselves as I said, are metallic silver looking, and about the size of a flea. Any information would be great.
By alex2751
I would love to see photo of that.
By Lawndude84
after doing some research im about 95% sure its the larval stage of fungus gnats.
By alex2751
You mean aphids?
By Lawndude84
manzano167 wrote:what are these their red and they look like tiny little spiders and crawl with 6 legs?
I believe you mean spider mites, are you seeing them on your plants? Then again, you shouldn't be able to see them since they're so tiny.
By Adam
spring tails?
By kittyklaws
whatever they are, :? hope you get rid of em. good luck! hope they don't do any harm :)
By Adam
if they're spring tails they should be ok unless it gets to be an infestation. I've never had them cause my plants any harm.
By Guest
Lawndude84 wrote:I've noticed some tiny metallic bugs crawling around in the soil of some of my terrarium plants, and just recently I saw a few on my plants as well. They're showing no signs of damage and I've noticed them for about 2 weeks now. The bugs themselves as I said, are metallic silver looking, and about the size of a flea. Any information would be great.
hey, i know this is an old thread but i've seen these on my plant lately and i'm wondering whether you have any more info about them ! weird little things; they don't seem to be hurting anything, but i just want to be sure.
By jamez
Probably thrips.. Use some acephate or Neem.
By Guest
jamez wrote:Probably thrips.. Use some acephate or Neem.
they're not thrips; i've had those before :| and neem seems to have no effect on them...i'll keep trying, though. thanks !
By Hayden
They sound to me like flea beetles, dont touch them and just give them a direct spray of neem. They will die on the plant and can be scraped off a few days afterwards.

If in doubt again ive got a thread saying about all pests and solutions :)

Good luck!
Traps curling after closing/eating

Hi! My name is Erika, and I’m a newbie when […]

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!