FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss all micropropagation related topics here.

Moderator: Matt

By CHlorophil7
Hi everyone I am building a laminar flow hood and I need some help. I have decided that I am going to use a 24" x 24" HEPA filter in my hood and I was wondering if it would be better to use a 11.5" deep HEPA or a 6"deep HEPA filter?

This is a link to the same 11.5" deep one that I might use http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/se ... sst=subset

Also, I need help with figuring out the size of a blower assembly I need to buy, and I know I need to get this right! If you look at the link for the 11.5" HEPA filter it says that It has a "Initial Resistance (In. WC) of 1.00" and a "Final Recommended Resistance (In.) of 2.00". How would I size for that?
I am thinking of using something like the filter at this link for my prefilter.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_136039-98-MA02D ... 294937087_

Last of all for anyone that has ever built a laminar flow hood, I would like to know if there is any thing that you regret not doing while building your hood or things that you wish you had done now that you have built your hood? Please let me know so I can hopefully avoid the regrets.

Thank you all for helping.

Cheers,
Chlorophil7
By Milhaus
Hi,
i am now building LFH.
11.5'' deep HEPA have lower pressure resistance - you can then use weaker blower with lower noise and lower power consumption. This depend upon you.

i am also not sure about "Final Recommended Resistance (In.)". I know this is pressure in unit called "inches of water". This can be converted to Pascals by multiply the number by 250. So 2'' are 500Pa. But i am not sure what this does exactly mean ( probably maximum pressure which can handle the HEPA without damage ).

Your hepa have 0.372m2, you need flow 0.5m/s this is 0.186m3/h = 670m3/h
so you need blower which can take 670m3/h at ~500Pa
You can use weaker blower 670m3/h at ~250Pa, but when the blower become dirty after time, the pressure will be weak to maintain the flow at 0.5m/s

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!