FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Mikeduner
I am a beginning owner and i wanted to order a couple more VFT's with some money i got for my birthday, which is today!
my thing is, i don't want to have to find the ingrediants and buy massive 20 pound bags of all of the planting medium stuff in order to enjoy a couple fun plants, and i also dont want to only be able to pick from like 3 plants that come in a potted option, so i dont know what to do. is there a place where you can order just as much medum as you really need? or am i stuck buying too much?
By Steve_D
FlytrapStore.com has two sizes of growing medium, both sized to take advantage of the U.S. Postal Service flat-rate boxes in order to keep shipping costs to a minimum.

Don't assume that buying everything already potted is best. The potted option for most plants would probably make the shipping cost more than if you bought one carton of growing medium, some bareroot plants, and then potted them yourself. In addition, the potted option is not practical for larger plants (they don't fit within the protective cover).

If your question was specifically about FlytrapStore.com, the more appropriate forum category would be "FlytrapStore Discussions," not "Venus Fly Trap Discussions." ;)
Steve_D liked this
By Mikeduner
roger dodger, im just saying its like i spend 20 bucks on something im not that passionate about, or i spend 3billion on what id like... i understand if thats just how the cookie crumbles you know? i mean you have a buisiness to run, i just didnt get it, and thought maybe there was a special request sorta thing
By heathenpriest
I've seen them off and on, but pretty often at places like Lowes, Home Depot, and Walmart. I don't like to buy them there and encourage the way they treat the plants, but I also don't like to leave the plants to die a horrible death, so occasionally I rescue one.
By Linguist__
heathenpriest wrote:I've seen them off and on, but pretty often at places like Lowes, Home Depot, and Walmart. I don't like to buy them there and encourage the way they treat the plants, but I also don't like to leave the plants to die a horrible death, so occasionally I rescue one.
This is a great point that I often feel people forget when they 'save' plants from these large retail chains. While you may feel that you are saving a plant from bad treatment, you are actually just giving the chain a reason to purchase more of these plants. The more people who save them, the more their sales of CPs are boosted and the more CPs they get in stock. It's a much better idea to give your money to a smaller nursery.
By alabama
big ass like 50 lb bale of pure canadian peat moss is $9 after tax here and a 50 lb bag of sand is $4 = $13 for a long ass supply
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!