FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By firefighter75
My local Lowe's store had a bunch of VFT's today. I took home 3 of the larger ones. Hope to go back and pick up a bunch of the smaller ones as well. Of course, I couldnt find any Perlite or vermiculite ANYWHERE today, so I'll have to pick some up from a nursery tomorrow to repot them. For now, they're just sitting in the LSFM they were potted in. I loosened that up a bit and drenched the pots. They were desert dry! I'll sit them on the window sill for a week or so and see how the do.

The traps look pretty big and one even has a flower stalk! Wondering if I should cut that or if it's already too late...

By 95slvrZ28
Those plants don't look bad at all for Lowe's plants...
By Jaws
They are awesome plants in comparison to our Homebase sold ones.
By DTDream18
They look just like the ones I rescued from the Jersey City Loews on Saturday.
When I replanted mine I discovered that each "death cube" had multiple plants.
I planted mine outside and the got drenched with rain last night. Good luck
with them.
By firefighter75
Got these at the Lowe's in Deptford, NJ...

I couldnt find perlite today. All I could find was all natural vermiculite. Guess I'll be using that to repot them tonight...
By firefighter75
Ok - repotted all of my plants. Turns out the death cubes held 2 plants each, giving me a total of 6. The rhizomes on the Lowe's plants looked pretty big...

The Red Dragon has some leaves that are starting to wilt, and others are turning red.

Could not find any perlite for the life of me, so vermiculite it is. Hope that is ok to use. Here's some pics of the outcome. Many of the traps closed up when I made the move though. How do you think I did for a first timer?

How do you think I did for a first timer?
By OR1ON
Why is it everyone can find VFT's at any Lowes/Home Depot's but me?
By RoomSeven14
OR1ON,

Me too!!! I can't find any at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. I am in Southern California, could that be the issue??
By OR1ON
Haha just yesterday i was comin home from work and decided to stop by a home depot i saw along the way and luckily they had some. I only had limited cash so i just bought one. Im planning on headin back and buying some more soon. They also had droseras pitcher plants and butterworts.
By RoomSeven14
OR1ON - believe it or not, I found some VFT's at a Home Depot also. They said they just got them in the day before. There were about 6 left. I bought two. This was the only Home Depot in the area that had them though.
By OR1ON
Haha awesome! i went back there today but they were allll gone. Its ok though cuz i just ardered a pink venus from the flytrapstore :D I'm gonna keep on looking put for when they stock more. I want to get a drosera.

BTW this is the plant i bought from home depot its in this thread...

http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/final ... tml#p54068
By RoomSeven14
Right on! Nice purchase. I didn't photograph mine. But I picked out the ones with the most traps in them. Each pot has about 15-20 traps. They are pretty small though. I would have never seen the VFT's because they were on a very small display above the cash register area. This was the only Home Depot out of about 10 in my area that had them. I have no clue why this one store got them in but none of the others did. And they went fast too. I wish there was more consistency with ordering. Do you have a pic of the pink venus?
By OR1ON
haha yeah when i found mine they were in some corner inside the store by the doors goin to the nursery. I looked for them from city to city and couldnt find anything. Just got lucky to find em there i guess. I just ordered my pink venus so it should come in sometime this week. I'll def. post up pics though.
By RoomSeven14
After I posted that I realized that you said you "just ordered" it. Long day for me yesterday.
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!