FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

List the plants you grow

Moderator: Matt

By English Springer
Well it has been almost 1 year since I fell into the wonderful world of CP's by rescuing 2 VFT's from the trashpile of my local Lowes store. The clerk gave them to me for free and I am sure I heard them laughing at me as I walked away as they were all black with no traps. Everyone on this forum has been a big help to me and I thank you all for the many words of wisdom.
So with that said, my growlist after 1 year is as follows:

2 X Dentate VFT's - From the Lowes' trashpile (Proud of these since they were basically dead and I nursed them back from the brink!)

2 X Fine Tooth X Red - From FlytrapRanch.com (HUGE plants with multiple divisions since they have 3 flowerstalks - Thanks Steve!)

2 X Big Mouth VFT's - from FlytrapRanch.com (HUGE plants with one putting up a flowerstalk- Thanks again Steve)

One pot of seedlings (probably 10+ plants) from Matt at the FTC store, several with some red coloring - Am repotting this weekend - Thanks Matt.

2 X Judith Hindle Sarrs - From the FTS - New genre of plants to me and showing some nice growth after a couple of weeks - Thanks to Allen for putting together the care sheet on the forum!!

I was glad to survive my first dormancy and all of my plants pulled through and though they looked pretty gnarly at first are now in the swing of spring.

I know this isn't the biggest growlist on the site, but I had to start somewhere and am now addicted. When my daughter comes home from college I will have her take some pictures to post as things should be in good shape then.

Thanks again to all the good folks on flytrapcare.com for your support!
Peace!
E.S.
By Matt
I wrote a response to this thread a few days ago when you posted it but I guess I didn't hit the submit button or something.

Anyway, I think I said something about a great start and that you have some one-of-a-kind flytraps that look quite awesome in that pots of TC seedlings. I'd love to see some updates of them as they grow up.
By English Springer
Gracias Matt,

I am repotting those little babies this weekend as they have overgrown the cup!

I'll definately keep you updated and agree that a couple of them look really nice.

Peace!

E.S.

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!