FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By Budthatsmyrealname
The mix is this
Nepenthes alata giant x truncata red

I really like this plant. It has big pitchers and its compact. I have successfully clipped and cloned the vine style pitcher plant when they got long

But this alata giant truncata is compact and dont know where or how to clip them to clone it. And no shoots come out the bottom. The other vine type pitcher plant has shoots as well

Any help is great. Thanks
Attachments:
IMG_5774.jpeg
IMG_5774.jpeg (3.66 MiB) Viewed 236 times
By BumpyEvergreen
For the most part you'll just have to wait. You can clip it and clone it at this age, but I wouldn't suggest it as most likely you probably won't get a strike and so the top of it cut off the other one so it'll have to take a couple months to recuperate and grow another growth point. As it gets bigger it might start to send out more shoots but I find plans with truncate leaves where the leaf laminate doesn't attach all the way to the base of the stem tend to not send out basals or Vine as much. It'll probably take one or two more years for it to send out a shoot or begin to vine but probably longer tbh.
People sometimes find success using hormones or environmental stress to encourage basals but it's not something I'm keen of.

5 gallons for indoor plants just sounds like goals[…]

As y’all know I spent a silly amount (for my[…]

Yeah I need a few more buckets anyhow. I’m g[…]

B52 closed at nothing?

There are about 3 of these heavily affected traps.

Do you have an aphid issue? If so I would get […]

I lose one or two tall pitchers every year to stro[…]

Strange. I sent SASE out well over a week ago. I[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!