FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By andynorth
This is beyond belief. Apparently the Post Office has lost several packages sent from flytrapstore.com over the past couple of weeks, including one of mine. I called yesterday and they were starting a "service request". I get a call from my local office. They say that my package is in Festus, MONTANA. Problem is, the postal code for Montana is MT. My package was still in Festus, MO. Better known as Missouri. For a postal worker to not know that MO is for Missouri, not Montana has to be one of the most incompetent things I have ever heard. I was in IT and Video Surveillance for 20 years. That would be akin to my not knowing what CCTV is. And these people take Civil Service tests to get in to those positions. Not to mention that my item is said to be in the same place it was in 9 days ago.
stephenboss2000 liked this
By Panman
That reminds me of when the Olympics in Atlanta were happening the phone ticket sellers were directing New Mexico residents to call the international sales line.

As far as USPS goes, I'm starting to ship plants via UPS. They aren't much more expensive than the PO bit they have a better track record.
andynorth, MikeB liked this
By andynorth
Panman wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 5:10 pm As far as USPS goes, I'm starting to ship plants via UPS. They aren't much more expensive than the PO bit they have a better track record.
Years ago here in WA we had a competitor to UPS called RPS. Roadway Package Service. I believe they shut down after Roadway and Yellow Fright merged. They were one of the most reliable, on time services I used when in the Shipping/Receiving Business. They were trying to give UPS a run for their money and it was before Fed Ex did ground and USPS had Priority Mail.
stephenboss2000 liked this
By Intheswamp
Speaking of the good ol' USPS...

This past Saturday was the NALC (National Association of Letter Carriers) annual food drive. My wife raided the cupboard and filled the bag that the local letter carrier had so "carefully" :roll: shoved into our mailbox a week or so ago with cans of soup, vegetables, probably some meat of some kind, etc.,. Nice little bag. Early that morning, hours before our usual range of delivery times) she carried the medium-sized white bag and set it beside the mailbox as instructions on the supplied bag said to do. My computer is situated by a window that with just a tiny bit of effort I can see the mailbox from my swivel chair. I heard the mail jeep slow down and veer off the road at the mailbox. I watched as the rain, snow, sleet, or hail mail"person" shoved our mail into the pretty white mailbox...and speed off, leaving the bag to bake in the sun. Hmmm, I left the bag laying there for a couple of days figuring they might pick it up on a separate day or something. After a few days I deemed the food inside "unfit"...what a waste, thanks to the USPS and NALC. This is the last time we will be participating in the food drive. Though next year when they hold their "food drive" I may save all the junk mail up and stuff it in the bag and leave that for them...but, then they'll start tossing my mail in a ditch somewhere. :evil:
IMG_6238a (Custom).JPG
IMG_6238a (Custom).JPG (1.04 MiB) Viewed 970 times
IMG_6239a (Custom).JPG
IMG_6239a (Custom).JPG (499.62 KiB) Viewed 970 times
NALC_food_drive.JPG
NALC_food_drive.JPG (772.69 KiB) Viewed 970 times
By stephenboss2000
Last autumn I had a Nepenthes being shipped from California via priority mail. It was delayed by 12 days. It kept going from one post office to another then back to the PO of origin. It was the weirdest thing. The PO is botching 10% of my deliveries.
By Intheswamp
That sounds like some eyeglasses we sent to a niece of ours that was in UAB hospital in Birmingham Alabama. From here in south Alabama to there…roughly a 150 mile trip. It left here, went to Montgomery…then to Atlanta. From there it headed east to SC, then NC. Then back to SC and to Atlanta again. Finally made it to Birmingham (niece had been discharged by then). But, the package then traveled around B’ham for a few days until it was vaporized or something. Never heard from that package again. :x
By andynorth
Intheswamp wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 8:26 pm That sounds like some eyeglasses we sent to a niece of ours that was in UAB hospital in Birmingham Alabama. From here in south Alabama to there…roughly a 150 mile trip. It left here, went to Montgomery…then to Atlanta. From there it headed east to SC, then NC. Then back to SC and to Atlanta again. Finally made it to Birmingham (niece had been discharged by then). But, the package then traveled around B’ham for a few days until it was vaporized or something. Never heard from that package again. :x
And here I thought it was only the Airlines that did this!
Intheswamp liked this
By DragonsEye
On more than one occasion in the past year or two I have had companies with which I do business contact me and asked me if my address has changed. Why? Because the post office has told him that is an undeliverable mail and there’s no such address. I’ve been living at this address for over 15 years. Can we say stupid or what? :roll:
andynorth liked this
By andynorth
DragonsEye wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 10:59 pm On more than one occasion in the past year or two I have had companies with which I do business contact me and asked me if my address has changed. Why? Because the post office has told him that is an undeliverable mail and there’s no such address. I’ve been living at this address for over 15 years. Can we say stupid or what? :roll:
When I place orders on Amazon it for some reason has started asking me which address to ship to because mine is invalid. The address they show that is close to mine? The exact same address they have on file and it comes up with select the correct one. They are identical. Maybe AI is extremely high on the Artificial and extremely low on the Intelligence parts.
By evenwind
There may be some unprintable characters that made their way into your original address, like x'00'. That would explain it being invalid. Or, they're just nuts.
By Intheswamp
The address controversy has been with the USPS before AI became a household word, but I'm confident that AI can make it even more interesting. :roll: It seems that when I enter my address on the USPS website it wants to shorten my address to read just "Hwy" rather than "Highway". I guess AI is lazy and doesn't want to have to use a long word. What should we expect? After all, AI is learning all of the acronyms being used on the web and social media.

And, BTW, in case some of you didn't know, UAB Hospital where I attempted to send the eyeglasses is an internationally known "teaching" hospital...it's BIG. The package acted like a pack of indians circling a wagontrain as it made trip after trip around the hospital...passing by the actual front door on several occasions. Its last known whereabouts was only 2 to 3 blocks from the hospital. :x

Has anyone heard about this population of giant tr[…]

Received. Thanks!

They arrived! thank you! :D

Just saw this https://lifehacker.com/home/how-to-g[…]

Thanks. Yeah I’ve been trying to find a loca[…]

Thanks guys I’ll cut it. I haven’t got[…]

RO Buddy Reviews

Yes, you can use it for other plants that aren't s[…]

I don't do FB but I believe I may have seen this. […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!