FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

User avatar
By Greenleaf_999
Posts:  136
Joined:  Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:13 am
#449929
Fishkeeper wrote:
zeeth.png
This is that definitely-not-a-Moon-Traps. Nice red teeth. The orange tint is a phone camera artifact not present in real life- the trap is pinkish-red in the center.
Those look amazing! Keep up the good work fishkeeper. I was correct about that one plant not being a moon trap then. I have grown flytraps indoors year round, no dormancy for years, Then sold them to any experienced growers around my tiny town. I’ve also gone across the bay with my boat that got taken out of the water by some old guy that didn’t even live anywhere near by! He sold my boat, the police were no help. I miss my boat, and would do anything just to have it and sail it through the flat waters all the way to the docking station, and hear the motor purring again. NEVER take a man away from his boat, especially if he loves the water as much as I do. But anyways, I sold all of my plants, and lost all contact with my grower in spring Texas, don’t know exactly what happened, but when it did I was upset. All I have is a drosera capensis like I’ve said before. Keep at it and best of wishes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fishkeeper liked this
User avatar
By andynorth
Location: 
Posts:  1518
Joined:  Fri May 12, 2023 9:08 pm
#449932
Greenleaf_999 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:54 am
Fishkeeper wrote:zeeth.png
This is that definitely-not-a-Moon-Traps. Nice red teeth. The orange tint is a phone camera artifact not present in real life- the trap is pinkish-red in the center.
Those look amazing! Keep up the good work fishkeeper. I was correct about that one plant not being a moon trap then. I have grown flytraps indoors year round, no dormancy for years, Then sold them to any experienced growers around my tiny town. I’ve also gone across the bay with my boat that got taken out of the water by some old guy that didn’t even live anywhere near by! He sold my boat, the police were no help. I miss my boat, and would do anything just to have it and sail it through the flat waters all the way to the docking station, and hear the motor purring again. NEVER take a man away from his boat, especially if he loves the water as much as I do. But anyways, I sold all of my plants, and lost all contact with my grower in spring Texas, don’t know exactly what happened, but when it did I was upset. All I have is a drosera capensis like I’ve said before. Keep at it and best of wishes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thieves suck. In every way, shape and form, they SUCK. Shoot me a PM with your address. I do not have much but I can share some seedlings with you to get you back in to the addiction. I am happy to package some up if you can cover shipping costs. Maybe some others here can do the same. I do not have a bunch but I can spare enough to get you started again. Sorry someone took your boat. I had one many years ago and wife and I are seriously thinking of getting another. Nothing better than coming home and having a fresh crab bake. The joys of summer.
User avatar
By Greenleaf_999
Posts:  136
Joined:  Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:13 am
#450280
andynorth wrote:
Greenleaf_999 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:54 am
Fishkeeper wrote:zeeth.png
This is that definitely-not-a-Moon-Traps. Nice red teeth. The orange tint is a phone camera artifact not present in real life- the trap is pinkish-red in the center.
Those look amazing! Keep up the good work fishkeeper. I was correct about that one plant not being a moon trap then. I have grown flytraps indoors year round, no dormancy for years, Then sold them to any experienced growers around my tiny town. I’ve also gone across the bay with my boat that got taken out of the water by some old guy that didn’t even live anywhere near by! He sold my boat, the police were no help. I miss my boat, and would do anything just to have it and sail it through the flat waters all the way to the docking station, and hear the motor purring again. NEVER take a man away from his boat, especially if he loves the water as much as I do. But anyways, I sold all of my plants, and lost all contact with my grower in spring Texas, don’t know exactly what happened, but when it did I was upset. All I have is a drosera capensis like I’ve said before. Keep at it and best of wishes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thieves suck. In every way, shape and form, they SUCK. Shoot me a PM with your address. I do not have much but I can share some seedlings with you to get you back in to the addiction. I am happy to package some up if you can cover shipping costs. Maybe some others here can do the same. I do not have a bunch but I can spare enough to get you started again. Sorry someone took your boat. I had one many years ago and wife and I are seriously thinking of getting another. Nothing better than coming home and having a fresh crab bake. The joys of summer.
I used to fish for reds off the jetties, and I would get some good sized reef shark along with some bonnet head shark. The sharks were a catch and release, the reds and the black drums, I would keep if they were sitting at the right size. I still have to re-spool my penn battle ll 6000 with some more 65lb braided line before fall comes again, and I want to go drum fishing. I’ll have to see if I can get my Venmo working. I had shut down everything and started using cash again, it’s been easier to be honest. If I needed something online, I have my friends get it and I would pay them back, everything else I either walk to or ride my bike to. I stopped driving, gas prices are too high for any affordable vehicle in my favor to be on the road. I walk to work as well, small town life.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andynorth liked this
User avatar
By Greenleaf_999
Posts:  136
Joined:  Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:13 am
#450281
Greenleaf_999 wrote:
andynorth wrote:
Greenleaf_999 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:54 am Those look amazing! Keep up the good work fishkeeper. I was correct about that one plant not being a moon trap then. I have grown flytraps indoors year round, no dormancy for years, Then sold them to any experienced growers around my tiny town. I’ve also gone across the bay with my boat that got taken out of the water by some old guy that didn’t even live anywhere near by! He sold my boat, the police were no help. I miss my boat, and would do anything just to have it and sail it through the flat waters all the way to the docking station, and hear the motor purring again. NEVER take a man away from his boat, especially if he loves the water as much as I do. But anyways, I sold all of my plants, and lost all contact with my grower in spring Texas, don’t know exactly what happened, but when it did I was upset. All I have is a drosera capensis like I’ve said before. Keep at it and best of wishes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thieves suck. In every way, shape and form, they SUCK. Shoot me a PM with your address. I do not have much but I can share some seedlings with you to get you back in to the addiction. I am happy to package some up if you can cover shipping costs. Maybe some others here can do the same. I do not have a bunch but I can spare enough to get you started again. Sorry someone took your boat. I had one many years ago and wife and I are seriously thinking of getting another. Nothing better than coming home and having a fresh crab bake. The joys of summer.
I used to fish for reds off the jetties, and I would get some good sized reef shark along with some bonnet head shark. The sharks were a catch and release, the reds and the black drums, I would keep if they were sitting at the right size. I still have to re-spool my penn battle ll 6000 with some more 65lb braided line before fall comes again, and I want to go drum fishing. I’ll have to see if I can get my Venmo working. I had shut down everything and started using cash again, it’s been easier to be honest. If I needed something online, I have my friends get it and I would pay them back, everything else I either walk to or ride my bike to. I stopped driving, gas prices are too high for any affordable vehicle in my favor to be on the road. I walk to work as well, small town life.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve even had some bull reds that taste like chicken, yep, a chicken that lives on nothing but what’s on the bottom of the muddy corpus bay. I call the mud chickens if they are slot keepers or mud bullies if they are past 29 inches.

Black drum are just immortal beasts, I had a black drum on my line one silent winter night, I was falling asleep on my outdoor couch, leaning back I could hear the one sound every fisherman hears and cannot compare it with any other sound in the world, the clicker… my clicker had clicked 4 times and in those 4 times my 6’7” rod was touching the ground, barely tapping it, I had my pole up on the elevated ground space, so it added about a foot and a half to the distance to the ground. But anyways, I ran like I had to save someone from drowning, grabbed my pole, adjusted my drag so that the fish could have a fair fight, but it took me less than 5 minutes to get that night monster in, in those 5 minutes were the best 5 minutes of my life, nothing but pure rage and adrenaline, the catch of my LIFE!! I had hooked a 48 inch big ugly, black drum. 50lb test braided spiderwire stealth, and with some crab flavored fish bites. Fish bites are how I’ve always had my luck with drum, no matter what, even if you’re being told by others that there isn’t a thing biting.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andynorth liked this
User avatar
By andynorth
Location: 
Posts:  1518
Joined:  Fri May 12, 2023 9:08 pm
#450291
I live 5 minutes from the boat docks in Puget Sound. We would drop our boat, head out about a mile to a spot we always maxed out on Dungeness crab. BEST crab ever. Very sweet, especially when cooked in same water we caught them in. Nothing like coming home and throwing a fresh crab bake with friends. After we dropped our pots we would ride around, trolling for whatever would bite. Most times it was flounder but on occasion we would snag some good ol rock cod. Tried for salmon but that is a lot of work for fish the wife does not like. One year on opening day my son and I got stranded. I ended up rebuilding my starter out on the water. We fortunately were right next to our crab traps which is how we found the Dungeness spot. We returned there every time and were never disappointed. Man I miss those days. My son is grown now and just last year got himself an old jalopy of a boat but it works. He takes the granddaughters out on the lake as he is only 10 minutes from several. He said being out on the boat crabbing and fishing are some of the best memories of his childhood. I guess I did something right!!! Boat upkeep just got too expensive.
New Sarracenia Releases

We are proud to offer some exclusive new releases […]

Cape sundew stem

Decapitate them. Cut the crown off with about 1/2 […]

Weird Venus Flytrap

And also, I may or may not have found a flytrap nu[…]

Progress Pictures

Very impressive :)

Izumia’s first pitcher

After 8 months of waiting, its first pitcher is ge[…]

Cephalotus for sale!

Shipping is $9 all around the U.S. and $9.30 for U[…]

I have bought seeds that are very viable from FTK […]

Happy hear she made it to you in good condition. […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!