FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Spunro
When rehydrating mealworms to feed to CPs, is it necessary to use rain/distilled/RO water? or will it have no effect as its not going into the soil?
By ChefDean
Use as low TDS water as you can. Once or twice with high TDS water won't hurt. But if you do it consistently, the minerals could cause issues long-term.
Spunro liked this
By 93pirks
Spurno get one of those battery powered electric bats for flies and when the flies come in the house they generally fly towards a window hoping to get outside so place the bat directly over the fly when it’s walking up the window pane and give it a hit of the electric button to knock it out, you then have a few seconds to pick the fly up (I recommend using tweezers on one of its legs) and place it into a fly trap which should start closing as soon as the fly starts coming around then you can let go of the fly with the tweezers. Or drop the fly into a pitcher plant sundew etc. I have tried dried bloodworms on sundews before and they didn’t like it, the leaf going brown after a week or so.
Live food is best, you can always go outside and catch greenfly in a few weeks and feed those to any sundews you have growing
By Spunro
i normally go out and manually catch flies but theres not much around just now so im temporarily using mealworms

Last time I sent a SASE to myself, it took a week […]

Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!