FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Intheswamp
welcom toforum! hour antz areev erything from firey to aregeetine. U shud smell the sinnabon bred the antz ar bakeing when I put sinna bon out. Antz hear tink aaaaaaan 18awg wier is sooperhwy so standing want hep. Cheerz!!!!
By sans
I think someone got hammered last night
By Hedonista
andynorth wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:50 am
sans wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:45 pm I think someone got hammered last night
Nah, that's normal for ITW. :D :D :D
ITW…Intheweeds? :mrgreen:
By sans
lol
By Greenleaf_999
Intheswamp wrote:Panman, they may be Argentine ants. I HATE them!!!’ They infest everything!!! Even our vehicles and house. They don’t have mounds, per se, but rather communities of connected kingdoms with many queens. They are actually “displacing” fire ants!!!! And, as you mentioned, they don’t really sting…every now and then one might bite (not sting) if you get it trapped under your shirt or trapped in the bend of your arm. Otherwise, they will just crawl all over your hand or whatever. Years ago we had lots of tall fire ants mounds, but only a few now. That trick with the foam pads has been my best defense so far. I would literally have to treat several acres to back them off enough to say I was ant-free. Did I say that I HATE these ants? :evil: :x
I think my yard is a little too wet… I’ve never seen any ant mounds, except on the concrete out front. Those are red ants that I had, they are PAINFUL. They’ll build nests on our driveway, I’ll pull out the pressure washer just to deal with the mess. I haven’t seen any ant mounds though. I am right on a large open bay, and my saint Augustine hasn’t been lacking any water, it’s been getting lots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By sans
Greenleaf_999 wrote:
Intheswamp wrote:Panman, they may be Argentine ants. I HATE them!!!’ They infest everything!!! Even our vehicles and house. They don’t have mounds, per se, but rather communities of connected kingdoms with many queens. They are actually “displacing” fire ants!!!! And, as you mentioned, they don’t really sting…every now and then one might bite (not sting) if you get it trapped under your shirt or trapped in the bend of your arm. Otherwise, they will just crawl all over your hand or whatever. Years ago we had lots of tall fire ants mounds, but only a few now. That trick with the foam pads has been my best defense so far. I would literally have to treat several acres to back them off enough to say I was ant-free. Did I say that I HATE these ants? :evil: :x
I think my yard is a little too wet… I’ve never seen any ant mounds, except on the concrete out front. Those are red ants that I had, they are PAINFUL. They’ll build nests on our driveway, I’ll pull out the pressure washer just to deal with the mess. I haven’t seen any ant mounds though. I am right on a large open bay, and my saint Augustine hasn’t been lacking any water, it’s been getting lots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Argentine ants driving back fire ants? Yeah, that can happen, but sometimes fire ants can drive Argentine ants away if there is enough of them. Luckily I have big headed ants, and a certain Floridian species that actually destroys fire ants on sight, and have all kinds of methods to destroy them. They are like Argentine ants as they have one giant mega colony, and my half of the neighbor hood is one giant ant colony.

Last time I sent a SASE to myself, it took a week […]

Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!