FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Intheswamp
You folks in the path of these storms…hunker down. There’s a heckuva band from southwest of Tampa to southeastern Georgia full of hailstorms the eastern seaboard is still riddled with them, too!
StephenB200+ liked this
By andynorth
As soon as I seen the news and where it landed I knew I seen that town some where. It's the town our envelopes go to. Be safe as it appears more may be on the way. Hearts go out to those that lost loved ones, especially at this time of the year.
Last edited by andynorth on Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ChefDean
They have officially rated the Clarksville Tornado an EF-3 with wind speeds up to 150mph. It was 600 yards wide, 6 football fields, and was on the ground for 18 miles.
As of 11:55 a.m. Sunday, Montgomery County Emergency Management Agency reports that Clarksville has 65 structures that have minor damage, 339 with moderate damage, and 271 with major damage making them uninhabitable. There are 91 structures that are totally destroyed based on the latest assessment from EMA. The vast majority of these structures are residential dwellings, but it's almost assured those numbers will rise. Unfortunately, there have also been three deaths reported so far.
Power is out in many areas still, with an estimated 11,000 electric customers in the dark with temps dropping to the low 20's in most of the county this morning. Multiple traffic lights are still dark as well, but, surprisingly, people are actually driving with courtesy (for now).
One day after the tornado, emergency shelters had to redirect donations to other locations as they had more than enough supplies for those there. You now see why Tennessee is called the Volunteer State.
Panman, evenwind, Intheswamp and 4 others liked this
By StephenB200+
Glad that you are ok. Hopefully you and your neighbors (and plants) didn't suffer with that crazy night time low.
By Cross
I was just thinking you when I opened the app and then I remembered where you live. I'm glad you're okay!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Has anyone heard about this population of giant tr[…]

Received. Thanks!

They arrived! thank you! :D

Just saw this https://lifehacker.com/home/how-to-g[…]

Thanks. Yeah I’ve been trying to find a loca[…]

Thanks guys I’ll cut it. I haven’t got[…]

RO Buddy Reviews

Yes, you can use it for other plants that aren't s[…]

I don't do FB but I believe I may have seen this. […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!