FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By sanz
I am looking for a forum that has a Seed Bank like this forum. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?
By wcrosman
this forum
andynorth liked this
By ChefDean
As far as we know, there is no other group with a seed bank anywhere in the US that is free to join with free seeds. The closest one is the above referenced organization, but there's an annual membership fee and you pay for the seeds
Plus, not to brag, but the last time I saw their seed bank inventory, it was about 50% of ours.
andynorth, Camden, Anzenix and 2 others liked this
By andynorth
ChefDean wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:01 pm Plus, not to brag, but the last time I saw their seed bank inventory, it was about 50% of ours.
I don't think there was even that much. I myself am very happy to have found this forum. Not only for the help I receive, but the free seeds are an added bonus.
wcrosman liked this
By Anzenix
Wow I feel lucky I stumbled into this forum first than all the rest haha here I thought this was the norm not the one raising the bar!
andynorth liked this
By nimbulan
ChefDean wrote:As far as we know, there is no other group with a seed bank anywhere in the US that is free to join with free seeds. The closest one is the above referenced organization, but there's an annual membership fee and you pay for the seeds
Plus, not to brag, but the last time I saw their seed bank inventory, it was about 50% of ours.
Yeah unfortunately their seedbank had been neglected for many years, causing donations to drop off dramatically as donators never saw their seeds listed. The new seedbank manager is a good friend of mine and he's far better at keeping on top of things, but it's going to be a long road to building it back up to where it used to be.
andynorth, Shadowtski liked this
By sanz
ChefDean wrote:As far as we know, there is no other group with a seed bank anywhere in the US that is free to join with free seeds. The closest one is the above referenced organization, but there's an annual membership fee and you pay for the seeds
I was lucky to find this forum from someone’s comment on Facebook when I was looking for some drosera seeds.
By andynorth
sanz wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:48 pm
andynorth wrote:/
I have opened this website. Is it worth subscribing to it?
I have been told by others that it is more a personal preference. I found their seed bank to be very limited compared to the one here. It might be worth the $10.00 for the first year just to check it out. If you do, chime in here and let us know how it goes.

Received. Thanks!

They arrived! thank you! :D

Just saw this https://lifehacker.com/home/how-to-g[…]

Thanks. Yeah I’ve been trying to find a loca[…]

Thanks guys I’ll cut it. I haven’t got[…]

RO Buddy Reviews

Yes, you can use it for other plants that aren't s[…]

I don't do FB but I believe I may have seen this. […]

Thanks all. The only place I didn’t think […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!