FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By andynorth
If I am not allowed to promote an eBay user please let me know. I wanted to recognize eBay seller the6stringedty89 . I used Buy It Now to purchase 2 Sarrs and a teenaged Purp. What I ended up with was 4 Sarrs, 2 teenaged Purps, an adult Drosera Intermedia and an adult Drosera Capensis. I am over the moon about this deal. When I mentioned I got 2 purps instead of 1 he says "yea, I like to send a little extra". Definitely highly recommend this eBay seller. His name is Tyler Gramley and he is Vice President of North American Sarracenia Conservancy.
Last edited by andynorth on Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Camden, elaineo, MikeB and 1 others liked this
By andynorth
Camden wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:47 pm Double post lol
My bad. Not sure how that happened. Possibly when I edited. After looking, I realized there was an S.Oreophila that I had not ordered either. So he sent roughly $40.00 in free stuff for a $100.00 order. What a guy.
By andynorth
So seller just advised me of this about Oreophila: "It can only be given for free and without notice or recourse, in accordance to endangered species act". I have never owned an endangered species before. I am so happy I found this seller.
Panman, Jade liked this
By MikeB
Tyler lives about 20 miles away from me, and I've purchased about a dozen Sarracenia from him. All of the plants were very nice. And he sent me a few freebies including a couple oreophila plants. He's a great guy to do business with.
andynorth liked this
By Jeph
Andy North -

In response to your saying it's a good thing you don't live closer to him....and this is 100% a joke....but the bad news for your bank account, and good news for you, is that you don't HAVE to live close to him! ;-)

I've only gotten into carnivorous plants this past year, and thanks to my ADHD it's quickly escalated from a "let's see if I can grow this death cube plant from Walmart" to "I've dug in a couple mini bogs in the back yard, plus have a couple small planters, plus have a bunch of 4" pots with seedlings, and then there's the little food sauce clear plastic containers I'm trying to start seeds in...".....and I partially blame Tyler's really cool offerings.

I recently discovered I have a small natural bog very close to where I live, and it's got Sarracenia purpurea ssp purpurea. I've only been once, and that time the place was fairly flooded from recent rains, so I wasn't able to see much of the sar's... When I was placing my first order with Tyler, and I mentioned this, he was kind enough to throw in some seedlings he'd started! Who does that??

While there was an issue with my first order from him (USPS took like two weeks to send the box they fully destroyed, caving it in), the purchased plants survived and are doing great. The bonus freebie seedlings were a bit more delicate, and I'm doing my best to keep them alive. I've since placed another order with him, and the plants arrived fast and in amazing condition. Neighbors just came over this weekend and were oohing and ahhing over Tyler's beauties!!
By andynorth
Jeph wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 2:39 pm thanks to my ADHD it's quickly escalated from a "let's see if I can grow this death cube plant from Walmart" to "I've dug in a couple mini bogs in the back yard, plus have a couple small planters, plus have a bunch of 4" pots with seedlings, and then there's the little food sauce clear plastic containers I'm trying to start seeds in...".....and I partially blame Tyler's really cool offerings.
Seems about right. I am the same way and yes, ADHD can be daunting. However, I am approaching retirement age and I believe I have found my "Retirement Hobby" since they say you need one to avoid insanity.
I have not yet purchased from Tyler this year but he seems to put more out each day and I have my eye on a couple items. They will need to wait until my greenhouse is put up.
By evenwind
andynorth wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 5:32 pm I am approaching retirement age and I believe I have found my "Retirement Hobby" since they say you need one to avoid insanity.
i thought insanity was a prerequisite?
andynorth, Jade, MikeB liked this

Has anyone heard about this population of giant tr[…]

Received. Thanks!

They arrived! thank you! :D

Just saw this https://lifehacker.com/home/how-to-g[…]

Thanks. Yeah I’ve been trying to find a loca[…]

Thanks guys I’ll cut it. I haven’t got[…]

RO Buddy Reviews

Yes, you can use it for other plants that aren't s[…]

I don't do FB but I believe I may have seen this. […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!