FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Kup
Good morning/afternoon/evening!

I'm excited to finally be joining a forum I've spent some time lurking on in the past, as I've finally decided to take the plunge and go all in on my carnivorous plant collection.

I currently only have two CP spp. - my first being an unidentified Nepenthes sp. that I bought for 3$ last black friday. It was an unlabelled specimen and has experienced some drastic ups and downs in the ~1 year that I've had it, but I've just repotted it in an LFS/perlite mix and placed it under my new grow light. It's pushed out 2 new leaves in a week! I'm hoping that bodes well for it's continued recovery from my previous lack of proper care. Secondly, I purchased some D. rotundifolia seed on eBay and have been attempting germination in a tray of covered LFS. I am seeing some sprouts now after about 2 weeks, but I have no clue if they are actually Drosera or not.

Anyways, I look forward to getting to know the folks around here, and I'm eager to tap into your extensive knowledge base!

Kup
By Panman
Welcome to the forum! Be sure to ask any questions you may have and check out the seedbank. If you post pictures of your sprouts, we can probably tell you if they are legit or not.
By Panman
andynorth wrote:Careful of that Intheswamp guy. I hear he can be full of knowledge some times.
He's full of something all of the time!
andynorth liked this
By Intheswamp
You see Panman's avatar...that's actually a photo of *me*!!!! ...seriously! ;)
IKnowNothing.gif
IKnowNothing.gif (866.37 KiB) Viewed 1384 times
andynorth, Panman liked this
By Intheswamp
Panman wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:13 pm
andynorth wrote:Careful of that Intheswamp guy. I hear he can be full of knowledge some times.
He's full of something all of the time!
Wade'ahminnit!!! :lol:

Btw, Kup, welcome to the forum. Check out the Seed Bank...instructions on using it are at the bottom of the inventory list...check out the monthly "bonus", too. Cost is two stamps and two envelopes. :)
Panman liked this
By MikeB
Welcome to the forum!
Kup wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:30 pm Secondly, I purchased some D. rotundifolia seed on eBay and have been attempting germination in a tray of covered LFS. I am seeing some sprouts now after about 2 weeks, but I have no clue if they are actually Drosera or not.
Did you cold-stratify these seeds? This involves keeping the seeds cold and damp for 8 weeks before sowing them. Drosera rotundifolia is a cold-temperate plant, and its seeds require stratification in order to sprout.
andynorth, Intheswamp liked this
Peter D'Amato passed today

I'm sorry to hear this.

Hello from Chicago, Illinois.

I'm just starting out with carnivorous plants &[…]

Has anyone heard about this population of giant tr[…]

Received. Thanks!

They arrived! thank you! :D

Just saw this https://lifehacker.com/home/how-to-g[…]

Thanks. Yeah I’ve been trying to find a loca[…]

Thanks guys I’ll cut it. I haven’t got[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!