FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Announcements, as well as comments and suggestions about the FlytrapCare Forum itself. For all Forum members.

Moderator: Matt

By roarke
I'm not a guru to have patience and click off one by one and it is one of the reason i begun to post rarely in the forum.
Last edited by roarke on Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
By ChefDean
roarke wrote:I'm not a guro to have patience and click off one by one and it is one of the reason i begun to post rarely in the forum.
A little more context might give us an idea of what you're asking, and how we might be able to properly respond.
By Panman
Frankly, I've noticed several dubious things from various posters. I'm wondering if we aren't under a bot attack. Some of the posts make sense if they are posted by a bot.
Intheswamp, andynorth liked this
By Intheswamp
I agree Panman. The questionable posts sure seem to be...artificial and have little intelligence.<sigh> Maybe some younguns (30 year old younguns, even!) trying out new toys in their in their safe place in their mamas' basements? :roll:
andynorth liked this
By roarke
Intheswamp wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:36 am After I made my post I saw his other one. Maybe he lives downwind from where the sheriff there has his burn pile. :mrgreen:
I meant guru. Downwind is maybe a joke on me. I meant that when i choose cookies when i log in, i must unclick Vendor preferences one by one, not all at once.
Attachments:
Screenshot_20230826_004804_Firefox.png
Screenshot_20230826_004804_Firefox.png (162 KiB) Viewed 2778 times
93pirks liked this
By roarke
Intheswamp wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:04 pm I agree Panman. The questionable posts sure seem to be...artificial and have little intelligence.<sigh> Maybe some younguns (30 year old younguns, even!) trying out new toys in their in their safe place in their mamas' basements? :roll:
If i don't know what Vendor preferences in this forum are, and wish that i could deactivate them with a single click, i do not think that i have a artificial post.
93pirks liked this
By ChefDean
Ah, I believe you're referring to advertisements. I don't think there is a way to disable them in any way because they're the reason these forums are free for us. They make money for him to be able to host us in our little plant nerd festival that is these forums.
Maintaining a website is not free. There are ways that can help streamline the operation and make it more efficient, resulting in lower costs, but a site like this still requires ~ $1,000 to $2,000 per month to keep it running. Those costs may not be in actual money, but rather the time spent that could have been used to generate that money.
Matt is a smart kid, and he's got all of his sites (he owns multiple) running as automated as possible, but they still require him getting his hands dirty with more than peat or chalk from time to time.
roarke, andynorth liked this
By roarke
ChefDean wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:42 am Ah, I believe you're referring to advertisements. I don't think there is a way to disable them in any way because they're the reason these forums are free for us. They make money for him to be able to host us in our little plant nerd festival that is these forums.
Maintaining a website is not free. There are ways that can help streamline the operation and make it more efficient, resulting in lower costs, but a site like this still requires ~ $1,000 to $2,000 per month to keep it running. Those costs may not be in actual money, but rather the time spent that could have been used to generate that money.
Matt is a smart kid, and he's got all of his sites (he owns multiple) running as automated as possible, but they still require him getting his hands dirty with more than peat or chalk from time to time.
I feel that in my case the ,,in any way,, is a bit generalised and could leave room for interpretation because im talking about reject in the title, and click, unclick in the topic and provided a screenshot.
By Intheswamp
roarke wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:04 pm
ChefDean wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:42 am Ah, I believe you're referring to advertisements. I don't think there is a way to disable them in any way because they're the reason these forums are free for us. They make money for him to be able to host us in our little plant nerd festival that is these forums.
I feel that in my case the ,,in any way,, is a bit generalised and could leave room for interpretation because im talking about reject in the title, and click, unclick in the topic and provided a screenshot.
After reading this reply I was going to post this gif to show my confusion...
googly_eyes.gif
googly_eyes.gif (2.17 MiB) Viewed 2710 times
...but, finally I see that you're from Romania and we most likely have a language/translation problem. It's all good.
By roarke
Edited the title to state: Can we reject "Vendor preferences" with one single click ? because i should have added the words ,,one single,,
Also, i edited my first post because due to a typo it should have been guru because i do not know all about gdpr and vendor preferences.
93pirks liked this

Last time I sent a SASE to myself, it took a week […]

Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!