FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Oskar Zolcinski
Hi, I'm interested in a couple of cultivars and wanted to ask about a few things. I've seen an older thread about cultivar stability but the last answer was over 2 years ago so I figured it'd be better to start a new one but correct me if I'm wrong.

How stable is Whale compared to GJ Giant Cudo? Also, how big does the latter get? It's hard to find pictures of a mature plant and I'm wondering whether it's truly a big cultivar or simply "giant" compared to the tiny Cudo.

How stable is Wacky Traps? I've seen many pictures of the entire plant exhibiting its trait so I assume it's 100% but just wanted to make sure.

Do you think it's worth buying a Mirror x Mirror or CCCP Destruction considering they're aren't very stable over time?

Are the vibrant red outlines in FTS Purple Ambush a result of sufficient lightning or is it just a feature of some traps?

Is there any "white" cultivar like Aurora Borealis that's even close to being stable? I've seen pictures of plants with all traps being translucent but I assume these were just lucky spring photos. Do we have any idea as to how this trait behaves over time?

I came across quite a unique cultivar recently named "B01"where only the center of the traps has red coloration but there's no info on it whatsoever as far as I can tell. I'm really curious if you guys know anything about it. Here's a link to the website - https://www.giardinocarnivoro.it/en/dio ... a-b01.html
By Oskar Zolcinski
I've seen it but I'm wondering whether this is the same cultivar even though the name suggests so. They look quite different, perhaps the redder one simply had more light
By evenwind
I'm sure it's the same cultivar. But if you have doubts, why not contact Matt? You could PM him here but you'll probably get a faster response by email to the store.
Oskar Zolcinski liked this
By evenwind
Personally, I think it might be a bit much. You should be able to get your answers either on this Forum or with a bit of online research. Matt's a friendly guy, but frequently busy. If you have a specific question about one of his offerings, then sure - although I'd email the Store. But for the more general stuff, like "is A better than B", then try to do your homework. For instance, using the Search function for "wacky +traps +stable", I got this entry: http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/post3 ... ml#p372145 and a lot more besides.
Oskar Zolcinski liked this
By evenwind
Well, thanks for pointing that out. I wasn't paying attention. It's a little disappointing, actually. No trumpet fanfare, no cake, no velvet jacket. But then, didn't get them when I hit 10 years, either... So I guess it'll just have to be: Excelsior! Onward and upward! To infinity and beyond!

Has anyone heard about this population of giant tr[…]

Received. Thanks!

They arrived! thank you! :D

Just saw this https://lifehacker.com/home/how-to-g[…]

Thanks. Yeah I’ve been trying to find a loca[…]

Thanks guys I’ll cut it. I haven’t got[…]

RO Buddy Reviews

Yes, you can use it for other plants that aren't s[…]

I don't do FB but I believe I may have seen this. […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!