FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By evenwind
Seriously, to give everybody's computer a break, how about a future contest for the best 100x100 avatar?
By DragonsEye
Intheswamp wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:57 pm optique, you're image in the message above is just sitting there with the little orange balls moving. It shows no image name, file size, nor how many times it was viewed. If I hover my arrow pointer over the balls a magnifying glass appears but is non-working. If I slowly and carefully move the arrow pointer around the outside of the dark box that contains the magnifying glass I can find a sweet spot that causes the arrow pointer to turn into a finger pointer. I can then click and an image appears.
Well, well. Ya taught me something today, ol' timer! I typically have the same problem -- though in my case, it is not an issue with my WIFI/internet speed, but rather with the fact that my laptop is an old relic (probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-15yrs old or even older) that can't handle fast downloads. [I'll likely have to break down very soon and buy a new one. Many days, this archaic beast can't even find and connect to the WIFI despite being only 6ft away from the router/modem.] Anywho, I didn't know about that little trick of yours and it did indeed work for me as well.
Intheswamp wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:57 pmOh, and I had to walk off from the computer for a few minutes being as I got interrupted by a couple of Jehovah Witnesses. ;)
Well, if you want to decrease or even eliminate their visits, you could try something a woman I know told me about ...
Apparently, stop-bys from JWs were pretty common and frequent. One day, when she wasn't home but her college-age son and his buddies were there playing cards at the dinner table, one of them noticed a couple of JW women coming up the walkway. Well, because it was a hot day and they didn't have AC, the guys were playing cards in their underwear. As the JWs were approaching the screen door, her son told his buddies "I got this", dropped his underwear, and went to the door. Buck-naked, he opened the door, greeted the ladies, and invited them in. From the doorway, it looked like his buddies wear also in the buff at the table. The ladies declined to come in and JW visits pretty much ceased. :mrgreen:
By Intheswamp
Glad you could use the "roving mouse" technique. I patented it so I'll message you my paypal address for the $50 "technique user fee". Something else us "ol timers" (sounds mighty close to alzheimer's, there, DE! :? ) learned to do. :lol:

I would imagine those boys had a bit of laughter at the expense of those girls, but, not exactly the approach I would want to take. (If they saw me in my underwear they'd think I was in need of medical care and probably call 911 for me! ;) ). I don't mind an interaction with the JWs. They are souls just as you and I are. There seems to always be a older one and a younger (either in age or learning) that gets out and comes to the door. I figure I might be able to plant a seed of curiosity or seeking in the mind of the younger one (the older one , too, maybe!) about my Christian faith. It is always a cordial affair. They usually ask me a question concerning my beliefs. I then state a few biblical facts of God with them which is diametrically opposite to their belief. There is no anger or aggravation present, though once I get through talking the older JW seems to be a touch uneasy as if he/she needs to carefully watch how the younger one (who usually does most of the talking) handles the remainder of the conversation. I simply view it as an opportunity. At the end of the conversation they predictably offer a pamphlet about the "kingdom". I then reach in my back pocket and pull out a pamphlet of "AN OPEN LETTER TO A JEHOVAH'S WITNESS" (printed pamphlet) and tell them if they will accept my pamphlet, then I'll take their's. Sadly, they never leave with a copy of my pamphlet. We then shake hands, wish each other a good day, and they leave. I admire and respect Jehovah Witnesses for their dedication, energy, and faithfulness to get out a visit people. If Christians shared the Gospel to the degree that the JWs their beliefs this world would be a much, much better place.

That's how I meet Jehovah Witness...and with clothes on. :mrgreen:
By Supercazzola
Getting back on topic, although thanks for the mental pictures of naked doorbell answering….

Could the site have an option to resize photos once the photos are uploaded? You know, sort of like when you attach a photo in some older email clients?
That way, I am not forced to have to now have multiple copies on my iphone - the original one. Then one I need to resize ? I fear many people would somehow change compression and quality of the images to get smaller file size, or that the smaller images would lose the details we need in order to see things easily (like a mealy bug, or other pests)…. Just my two cents, while fully clothed.
The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I r[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

A few weeks back most of my VFTs suddenly put out […]

Counting to infinity.

SASE mailed thank you

Looking for a Cephalotus

A guy in a plant club I'm in said he had some Nepe[…]

AI Generated Nepenthes

Hey look, it's those oddly neon bonsai seeds for s[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!