FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Colonel_Kwalski
So it's been a weird year spring weather came early for North Carolina. My plants all have flower buds growing but the weather has gone back to the 55 to 60 degree during the afternoon but it's dropping below freezing at night. I recently got some seeds from flytrap store and haven't tried this before some I'm wondering if I should wait another week or two. Some stuff I've seen suggests planting immediately but I know these are fresh seeds so what does everyone think?
By Intheswamp
Well, you could start them indoors at room temperature and get a few weeks headsstart with them.
Colonel_Kwalski, WONE liked this
By Colonel_Kwalski
Thanks I was thinking of doing that I was more concerned about how quick I should plant them. I just got them in the mail this past week and this weekend has been pretty cold so I was going to push it to next weekend.
By Intheswamp
If you're planting them outside then you might want it warmer. Your call. Remember it can take over a month for flytrap seeds to germinate...and the seedlings grow very slowly so be patient with them. ;)
By MikeB
A this time of year, I would sow the seeds indoors on a warm, sunny windowsill. Venus flytraps normally drop their seeds at the height of summer, and they start sprouting a couple weeks later. You want to keep them warm, damp, and humid for the best germination rate.
Intheswamp, steve booth liked this
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

So sorry I can’t make it for this one. If th[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!