FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By thepitchergrower
I think we should remove the label on these. It's only bound to create more confusion. The resulting seedlings will not be the calcarn clone, but calcarn clone x self. Clones must be propagated asexually (leaf cutting, root cutting, stem cutting, flower stalk cutting, etc).

IMHO.
By ChefDean
The donor has contacted me and provided background info.
The plant is an unusual fellow, very delicate, almost feminine, but with a definite masculine streak to it. That probably explains why he/she/it/they/them was such a loner and decided to look inward for love.
The plant goes by the name Pad Dell, enjoys quiet days indoors, hates walks on the beach (even short ones), and is a Scorpio. Pad used to be on Tinder, but deleted his account because all the ladies wanted was his tentacles, and all he wanted was a sunny spot to gaze out the window.
Since he has no partner, he &%@(%ed himself and produced these seeds, which have been re-labeled as x self.
Get yourself some Pad Dell babies today! But don't wait too long, there's only one pack left.
Intheswamp liked this
By Nepenthes0260
I don't think there's a specific, individual California Carnivores capensis "wideleaf" clone. I find it likely that CC grows and sells a menagerie of different "wideleaf" strains from seed. Morphologically, wideleaf x self almost always turn out looking like carbon copies of the parent plant. I think the best way to label this would be:

Drosera capensis "Wideleaf" ex. California Carnivores

(ex. is Latin for "from")
ChefDean, Shadowtski liked this
By Intheswamp
ChefDean wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:52 pm The donor has contacted me and provided background info.
The plant is an unusual fellow, very delicate, almost feminine, but with a definite masculine streak to it. That probably explains why he/she/it/they/them was such a loner and decided to look inward for love.
The plant goes by the name Pad Dell, enjoys quiet days indoors, hates walks on the beach (even short ones), and is a Scorpio. Pad used to be on Tinder, but deleted his account because all the ladies wanted was his tentacles, and all he wanted was a sunny spot to gaze out the window.
Since he has no partner, he &%@(%ed himself and produced these seeds, which have been re-labeled as x self.
Get yourself some Pad Dell babies today! But don't wait too long, there's only one pack left.
What a poignant story! Pad Dell should have his/her/its/thems/whatever's own soap opera...or at the least be on a reality shows with the Kardashians.
thepitchergrower liked this

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!