FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Jupiter_fly_trap
Hello. I got my plant last fall and this spring when I brought it out from dormancy, the plant will just...not grow. It's actually gotten worse because it's starting to slowly shrivel and turn black a little. I cut off all the old dormancy leaves, but it will not grow new traps (all of the old ones died) and each plant (I have 3) only has like 2 tiny leaves. I kept it in my basement for dormancy and I live in a pretty cold climate so it was around 40, 45° F.

Light: I keep it in my bathroom right now, but I always have a grow light on it at all times. I'm going to put it outside tonight just in case

Water: distilled, moist not wet

Soil: its in the nursery pot so I assume it's the correct soil. It also doesn't smell off. I ordered new soil (cariverous soil)

I hope my plant isn't too far gone :( but I don't know what I'm doing wrong
By thepitchergrower
I don't think the light your bathroom window can provide will be enough. I wouldn't recommend growing flytraps by the window, but if you have to make sure the window is south facing, receives a good amount of direct light, isn't shaded by a roof overhang, and isn't frosted.
By VFTnPups
A picture would help to see what problems your plant might be having. Is it still cold where you are? Your vft would do best outside in full sunlight. What grow light are you using? Most are not strong enough for indoor growing purposes.
By Cross
Definitely post a picture and the kind of light, maybe a link if you have it so we can check stats.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!