FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Johnson Li
Hi, before making any purchase in plants, I wanted to make sure I had everything I needed. Since I likely will have to grow my plants indoors next to the window, I plan on investing in a growth light first to supplement my plant. I plan on buying this

https://www.amazon.com/SANSI-LED-Grow-L ... _ci_mcx_mi

However, I'm not sure if the 10W version is enough for a single flytrap plant, or if I should invest in the more powerful 20W version and would love some thoughts. I understand that growing these plants outside would be idea, but it likely won't be able to happen with my current living situation.
By DeadlyCarnivore
I very recently bought a sansi grow light and I got the 24 watt bulb because I also thought that the 10 watt wouldnt be enough. I think the 10 watt will be enough for your flytrap. The last picture on that amazon page shows you the watt equivalent and I think its pretty accurate, as the 24 watt bulb I got turned my cephs red very quickly.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Johnson Li liked this
By Johnson Li
Thank you, that makes a lot of sense. What do you attach your Sansi lights to? If there is a better alternative, I might just buy the bulb by itself rather than with the gooseneck this comes with.
By DeadlyCarnivore
I put mine in a lamp I think got from target. Its an architect-style desk lamp, so it is height adjustable, which is really nice for me since I grow some tall plants . Target has a 28"Architect Zwing Arm Desk Lamp by Globe Electric that is pretty cheap and would probably work pretty well because it is adjustable. The 24 watt bulb sticks out a little bit because its a longer than normal bulb, but it works really well. The 10 watt is smaller, so it shouldnt stick out.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!