FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Cross
So,I had this thing happen. Follow me here. I've got a ceiling fan in my kitchen. It's where my plants are. Well, the light portion got loose. So I twisted it back in the bolt. The light stored working. Turns out the person who did the electricity for the kitchen should be jailed for attempted murder. It's that bad. So, with no light, we used my plant lights. That means they were on from about 6am to 9 to 10pm. Is it too late to put them in dormancy? I'm moving them upstairs in a cooler room, with those grow lights. They will follow the natural light pattern, which is about 630am to 530pm. Some of them aren't doing great, health wise, so I'm hoping a repot and dormancy will sorting them back in spring. What do you all think? And no, the light doesn't work. I'm hanging up other lights. The entire kitchen has to be rewired. Yup. Which means all the walls have to come down because there's no way to determine where the wires are. The little checker can't find them.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

By Savethetrees4life
I’ve made minor mistakes like that and haven’t had any perceived problems also I have my VFTs in a room that’s 70F but have adjusted the light schedule and my plants are doing fine what they’re supposed to.
By specialkayme
Your plants take a lot of "hints" on when the seasons change and time to go dormant. Cooler temperatures, (typically) less water, and less daylight. It isn't as if there's a switch where at 43 degrees and 6 hours of sunlight they go dormant, but anything above that they stay active. It's more of a preponderance of the evidence. If everything else is telling the plants its time for winter dormancy, they'll consider the extended daylight over short periods of time as an anomaly.
Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!