FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Pickles
Hello! I posted in August about moving my VFT to college dorm and it has been growing great! However now that it is time for dormancy I'm a little worried. The heat has been turned on in my dorm and I can't turn it off (also I have a roommate so even if I could they wouldn't appreciate it lol). The only place I can keep it is my room since it's all I own lol. I live in Michigan so if I was at home I'd put it in my garage but that's not an option right now for me. So should I skip dormancy or do I do fridge? My VFTs are seedlings and only a few months old (they sprouted around May so like 4-5 months old).
By Panman
If all you have are the seedlings, you can easily skip dormancy with them. Just give them lots of light and feed them as best you can. They won't have a problem.
By MaxVft
Agreed with @Panman. You can skip dormancy for plants up to around 2 years old, and with proper grow lights you can even skip adult plants.
By ChefDean
Another avenue, parallel to the above advice.
You're about three weeks and 20 posts away from being eligible for Maxsea. To assist in their feeding, come November 18th (and 20 more posts), you could make a request for some seeds with a Maxsea bonus, or just Maxsea by itself. If you only have a few seedlings, maybe only request a half portion that will make one gallon of solution. Then, get a little sprayer (a few bucks on Amazon for some four ounce sprayers) and lightly spray it with the Maxsea solution every other week.
Panman, MaxVft, Kapahulu liked this
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!