FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By gkryptonit3
How do I know is healthy? I have it under a banana plant which gives it a bit of shade but full sun during the day. I probably might have to move it because maybe it needs more light..not sure yet

Also I read they shouldn’t be repotted before they end dormancy but can I repot it or should I wait until spring season?
Attachments:
Droopy Venus Fly Trap
Droopy Venus Fly Trap
67075C57-BFD7-4BAE-BE4A-847A8ADEAD9F.jpeg (3.54 MiB) Viewed 1560 times
By ChefDean
VFT's can be repotted any time, sometimes that's what they need to bounce back. However, other than your plant looking like it settled a bit, I see nothing wrong with it.
If you want to repot it, it can wait until Spring, right before it comes out of dormancy.
By Cryosis7
Your traps look nice and big, strong healthy leaves and some nice red pigmentation are all signs of a happy plant.

If it's not developing red pigmentation and the leaves start looking like they're 'reaching' up then they need more sun. Continual development of smaller and sadder traps would indicate there's a problem internally such as mineral burn, wrong soil etc.

If you scroll through some of the other posts here you'll find a plethora of examples of unhappy plants.

Early spring is the best time to replant since it minimises the disturbance in the plant - as your plant doesn't have any immediate issues I see no reason to repot before then.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

By Panman
No one has mentioned this but those rocks that you have it sitting on may be a problem. They can leach minerals into the water that are bad for the plant. If you need to do something like that, glass marbles are a good choice.
Adrien liked this

Anyone find anything exceptional/underwhelming or […]

Greetings fellow enthusiasts! I've been intrigued […]

Sure, the more the merrier! Just remember to add t[…]

Ah! If possible, then, could I add the mixed dros[…]

Oddly shaped Sarr

Hey all, a couple of pitchers came up with corkscr[…]

May 2024 Photo Contest - In the Bog

Here’s my big! Established in late 2021 Fi[…]

Does this Rooting hormone work for Byblis?

I’ve grown Byblis for a while but never trie[…]

That looks something like mineral burn. What subst[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!