FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By francisfaustino
My plants are starting to enter dormancy!

Big Mouth
DSCF8732.jpg
DSCF8732.jpg (592 KiB) Viewed 2569 times
DSCF8737.jpg
DSCF8737.jpg (620.02 KiB) Viewed 2569 times

Jaws
DSCF8735.jpg
DSCF8735.jpg (489.71 KiB) Viewed 2569 times

Trev's Dracula
DSCF8738.jpg
DSCF8738.jpg (370.94 KiB) Viewed 2569 times
By MaxVft
Nice!
Kinda sad because IMO the growing season went by so fast... :(
Aren't the traps supposed to be redder/deeper in color come dormancy?
francisfaustino liked this
By francisfaustino
MaxVft wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:29 am Nice!
Kinda sad because IMO the growing season went by so fast... :(
Aren't the traps supposed to be redder/deeper in color come dormancy?
For me, this is season is the best looking for the VFTs. My plants all look terrible during dormancy because I think I give them very little care during that period of time. I just try to bring them inside when the weather forecast calls for freezing night temps and I periodically check them to see if they need water.
By ChefDean
We just had our first night that it dropped into the 40's, but just barely. I think I'm about to see mine start to get tired, get ready for a long sleep.
francisfaustino, MaxVft liked this
By frankgrimes087
Here in Phoenix we have finally been in the 70's at night and high 90's during the day so I am already happy lol... :lol: Very nice plants francisfaustino! What would you say your favorite is? I know it can be hard to choose lol. I have a polish dracula that is really cool. I never really get tons of color out of it but that might just be because of the intense summers that are here so I can never give them quite the recommended direct sunlight, but a shade cloth has really helped me out a a lot!
By francisfaustino
Yes, it's very hard to choose but some of my favorites are Jaws, Big Mouth, Flaming Lips, Bimbo, and UK Sawtooth II. I just got the Flaming Lips, Bimbo and UK Sawtooth II recently so mine are still small but I can already tell that they are very nice looking cultivars. It looks to me like the Flaming Lips is an improved Jaws; similarly shaped leaves and teeth and yet the Flaming Lips colors up way more readily than Jaws. Flaming Lips is definitely my favorite out of all the Flytrap Store cultivars.
frankgrimes087 liked this
By frankgrimes087
francisfaustino wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:41 pm Yes, it's very hard to choose but some of my favorites are Jaws, Big Mouth, Flaming Lips, Bimbo, and UK Sawtooth II. I just got the Flaming Lips, Bimbo and UK Sawtooth II recently so mine are still small but I can already tell that they are very nice looking cultivars. It looks to me like the Flaming Lips is an improved Jaws; similarly shaped leaves and teeth and yet the Flaming Lips colors up way more readily than Jaws. Flaming Lips is definitely my favorite out of all the Flytrap Store cultivars.
I also have a flaming lips and bimbo, I got the bimbo back in February which was a starter size and so far it has been a really nice cultivator! I cant wait to see what it does once it matures, I will attach a picture. What I really like about the Bimbo is that in a pretty short time it has already produced some pretty big traps and seems to put up traps pretty fast. The flaming lips I also got as a starter plant which I almost fried lol... but luckily I was able to bring back to health and it is really growing now. I have noticed with the flaming lips so far that it really likes to put out new growth.
Attachments:
Bimbo.JPG
Bimbo.JPG (8.93 MiB) Viewed 2455 times
andynorth's Grow/want list

Did anyone else take advantage of Matt's sale last[…]

CalCarn Hitchhiker

I was thinking Intermedia. They have a tendency to[…]

Hey everyone! I'm back on my hunt to look for a d[…]

I sent it in the mail yesterday

It isn't fully sealed, so it shouldn't be digestin[…]

So what would be the signs that I should not be us[…]

...maybe look at trading the VFT for a sundew. M[…]

Input on Neps placement

My traps and sundews do much better once they get[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!