FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Announcements, as well as comments and suggestions about the FlytrapCare Forum itself. For all Forum members.

Moderator: Matt

By Rammplins
Hi everyone,

After about a 3 year hiatus i'm finally back!

Long story short I lost my entire collection of CP's after a series of unfortunate events 3 years ago (both my indoor and outdoor plants, even the tank I built didn't survive). My wonderful wife however just surprised me with a couple CP's for my birthday this year so I figured it is a perfect time to get back into the community.

Time to start the gradual takeover of the basement. Im gonna to cross my fingers and finally plant the only things I have left from my old collection, some various 3 year old sundew seeds I hopefully labeled. Hello blurple light, seed trays, and terrariums. I have missed you.
Panman, Shadowtski, MaxVft and 3 others liked this
By MaxVft
Hello and welcome back! I do recall seeing a few 'ancient' posts that had you in there back when I was still lurking this forum :D
By Rammplins
Thanks, it's great to be back!

Max- Glad to see you stopped lurking and joined, as always the more the merrier!

I have big plans for the future, so hopefully sometime soon (when the price of wood drops to a reasonable amount) ill be posting some more DIY builds.
MaxVft, Supercazzola liked this
By Eventerminator
Hello! Sorry to hear what happened to your collection. Same thing happened to me 4 years ago when I first started growing Venus Flytraps.
By albertoburrito
It's ok if you don't want to elaborate, but what happened to your collection?
By Rammplins
Oh fun times, to start off with there was a fire in the apartment next door. That fire spread to our attic and that caused the now flaming attic stair door to fall into our laundry room where I kept all of my indoor plants. It crashed into and busted my handmade acrylic tank...which was supported by a 2x4 frame which of course caught fire as well. The only reason our apartment was ok was that fact that there were 3 inches of water in the 90 gal tank at the time, so it stopped the fire from spreading in our place....but that heat caused the pump for my antifreeze radiator that was in the highland tank to kick on (which now had holes in the line), and it sprayed the whole room in about 5 gallons of antifreeze. That got all the indoor plants.

Not 2 days later we were in a hotel waiting on a new unit and there was a fairly bad flood in the area. I guess the sewage line burst/backed up or something. It covered everyone's front yard in all that grossness, including my outdoor plants. Cleanup crew considered everything that wasnt bolted down or actually growing in the ground a biohazard.....there go all the outdoor plants.

as far as the plants/materials go all that survived both ordeals were 2 growlights, 2 acrylic panels from the tank, 90 5x5x7 pots, a couple fishtanks, and some sundew and lily seed I had stored in the fridge.

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!