FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By VFTnPups
I’m going to end up with a lot of vft this year and will need to sell/trade some away. Not right now because it’s too hot and postal shipping times for me are still averaging 10+ days. I noticed that a lot of people are using small flat rate boxes for their bareroot vft. USPS has a box (1096L) that’s just a bit larger than SFR, that also conveniently fits snuggly inside a padded flat rate envelope. For $0.10 more, you’ll have more space for plants or extra protection during shipping. Both box #1096L and Padded Flat Rate envelopes can be ordered free off of USPS. I will be using these for shipping bareroot. Just an FYI for those who use a lot of SFR boxes 🙂
FE6C740E-4A45-4093-B598-D59CBDC52DEB.jpeg
FE6C740E-4A45-4093-B598-D59CBDC52DEB.jpeg (1.2 MiB) Viewed 1959 times
By Panman
Look into to Regional A boxes. The are based in weight, not flat rate but the boxes are about the size of a medium box for a little more than the small flat rate boxes.
MaxVft liked this
By VFTnPups
I’ll use Regional A boxes for potted vft. Shipping in them used to be dirt cheap for me a few years ago, but then really only became cost effective if I was shipping one or two states over. I miss the days when I could ship a RegA box from MD to Alaska for $9. My OP is for people who ship SFR. Anything that can ship SFR does much better in the slightly larger box with the additional protection of the padded envelope 🙂
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!