FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Ewreck
I’ve seen California carnivores and I think the carnivorous plant resource..but any other reliable places or anyone on the forum? i dunno about buying seeds off eBay either. And I’m. Not eligible quite yet for the seed bank unfortunately
By Panman
I have some flava op seeds. They are either flava x self or flava x purpurea. Harvested last fall and been in the fridge.
ChefDean liked this
By camsdad66
I have a good bit of mixed seed harvested last fall. Hasn't been stored in the fridge, though. And it's a complete mixed bag, no idea what may or may not be produced if anything! But it's yours if you want to send me postage or a self addressed stamped envelope or such??

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

MaxVft, ChefDean liked this
By MikeB
I sent a ton of Sarracenia flava var. rubricorpora seeds to the seed bank last fall. I think they are open to everyone. Ask ChefDean about them.
By camsdad66
MikeB wrote:I sent a ton of Sarracenia flava var. rubricorpora seeds to the seed bank last fall. I think they are open to everyone. Ask ChefDean about them.
That's a nice plant, MikeB!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

By ChefDean
Ewreck wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:53 pm I’ve seen California carnivores and I think the carnivorous plant resource..but any other reliable places or anyone on the forum? i dunno about buying seeds off eBay either. And I’m. Not eligible quite yet for the seed bank unfortunately
Start looking at the numbered Sarr seeds in the seed bank. Rumor has it that they may all be listed as a bonus this fall so that people can sow them and let Mother Nature stratify them. You'll be eligible to request Sarr seeds and get a bonus set by then.
It's just a rumor I heard.
Panman liked this
By Ewreck
Oh yea I’m definitely gonna get some from seed bank when I’m eligible I’m just impatient lol. Actually having success germinating vft and some capes got me excited for trying sarrs
By Panman
Just remember that sarrs, unlike flytraps and capes, require stratification so you have at least 4 to 6 weeks of refrigerator time before you can ever sow them. That is, of course, if you get them in the fall and allow them to stratify outside naturally.
Ewreck liked this
Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!