FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
Good afternoon friends.
Starting next week, and continuing for a few weeks, it's going to get busy for me.
My youngest graduated with her Bachelor's in Chemistry, so we're going to Mexico to sit on a beach and pound margaritas for a week to celebrate.
When we get back we are going to be moving her from Lexington to Clarksville. Then, after a few days, we'll be moving her to Nashville for her undergrad program where she'll study for her Doctorate of Pharmacy. After that, I'll be making time to go help Matt with his greenhouse.
This may cause a delay in my response and fulfillment of seed bank requests, but don't stop requesting, I'll work on them as I can. Eventually, things will calm down, and I'll be able to catch up, just have patience for a little while.
Lain, Shadowtski, albertoburrito and 5 others liked this
By evenwind
That sounds like a great couple of weeks! Tiring maybe, but great just the same.
By Matt
Congrats to your daughter and I'm looking forward to meeting you in person and working on this massive greenhouse assembly job together! We're still waiting on permits from the county at the moment, but the greenhouse is still supposed to be shipped on June 22nd so hopefully we can get the permits soon and start the concrete work ASAP after that!

Safe travels and we'll be in touch soon :)
michijake, MaxVft, schmeg liked this
By evenwind
@Matt, Are you planning on doing a video of the greenhouse raising?
Matt liked this
By Matt
evenwind wrote:@Matt, Are you planning on doing a video of the greenhouse raising?
Yes, absolutely! I'll have to remember to do it though -- I often get so caught up in the moment that I forget to video things :)

I'd also like to video the moving process as we load up all the flytraps and pitcher plants and other miscellaneous carnivores we have here. Not sure how my friends who are helping with the move would feel about that though, so I'll have to wait and see if it's OK with them.
vflytrap87 liked this
By evenwind
@Matt, Just another passing thought: Find an out-of-the-way spot and have your family press their hands in the wet cement, Grauman's Chinese Theater style. Maybe the helpers, too.
By ChefDean
Good morning friends.
Just a reminder, my busy time starts tomorrow as I jump off to paradise for a week.
Continue your requests, send SASE's, and be patient. I'll respond as I can, and I might get behind for a minute, but I'll catch up.
Take care,
Dean
MaxVft liked this

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!