FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Hugestarsfan44
Hey y’all!

I’m happy to say that I’ve finally found my hobby! I’m 35, wife and mother of two boys, and about the only thing I do for myself (and rarely at that), is drawing. I have always loved animals, plants, bugs, and well anything sciencey! I am a professional pet groomer and own a mobile pet spa with 3 vans taking care of our community. Granted I’m very new at all of this, but I already love my one plant and cannot wait to build my collection and treat them like my pets!

When I was little my mom and I walked into Target and I remembered seeing Venus Flytrap for sale. It was green with a beautiful red center and for some reason it really stuck with me. I have wanted one ever since. In my adult years I have searched my local wal-mart, Home Depot, Target, and plant nurseries every year and have never been able to find one. You’d think it wouldn’t be that hard, I live in Texas just North of Dallas in a VERY populated area. Many places would tell me they sell them, but they were just out of them. I think I was always just unlucky.

Well, after years of searching every spring/summer, this year I finally said, “I bet I can find some online.” (I’m more of an instant gratification person, if I can tangibly get my hands on it I’d rather do that than wait for it to come in the mail). I did a bit of research and came across Flytrapstore. I’m trapped! I purchased one last week that came very quickly (thank you for not making me wait). His name is Seymour and I love him like my dogs already! Without going into my long boring story, it’s been a week since I received my first trap and I already have two more ordered and some soil and seeds heading my way as well. I cannot wait to delve into this world more!
Supercazzola liked this
By Panman
Welcome to the forum! Be sure to follow the instructions that came with your flytrap. For more information, check out FlytrapCare.com. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. This is a great community of growers who enjoy helping each other out. We are all still learning.
By MaxVft
Same as what Panman said!We are all still learning,and,well,asking questions is part of being in a forum!Also,be sure to check out the "seed bank"section of the forums...You can request carnivorous plant seeds for free!
By Hugestarsfan44
Panman wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:51 pm Welcome to the forum! Be sure to follow the instructions that came with your flytrap. For more information, check out FlytrapCare.com. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. This is a great community of growers who enjoy helping each other out. We are all still learning.
Oh yes, absolutely! I’ve been reading everything I can and watching all sorts of videos. This site/ forum has definitely been the most helpful and informative! Though, not being very tech savvy I have to admit I’m having a time trying to navigate through everything. But that’s a learning curve for me. :D Thanks y’all!

I have a pot that has one nice sized ping and a sm[…]

Hi from FNQ.

Welcome Andrew what's been your favorite CP to gro[…]

howdy!

What's up guys! I've grown VFT for 3 years now. I[…]

Water Quality

I use these test strips https://www.amazon.com[…]

Smartest or bravest spider?

Looks like a Anole.

Anyone recognize this plant?

The two that I have that come close are... 202405[…]

Will capsaicin hurt my CPs?

Watch this video. He jumps until he gets it. They […]

Goodness, that's quite a difference! I'm pretty ne[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!