FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By RubberToe
So I haven’t been here in a long time because I thought my flytraps had died, but to my surprise they haven’t, but they have had to grow back from seedling stage. Is there anything I can do to help them? I know winter is right around the corner but I don’t want to stress them out anymore, I’ll try later to post pictures of them. There’s two of them
By Panman
Without pictures there is not much I can suggest. What size are they? How are they potted? What conditions are they growing in? Where do you live? Sorry for all of the Austin's but I can't give you any specific recommendations without more details.
By RubberToe
I also live in Mississippi and they haven’t been reported in a year as I didn’t want to stress them
By Panman
I don't know what you have there will make it through the winter. What sort of temperatures do you get? You may need to repot them if that soil got baked and hard.
By RubberToe
Right now is kind of warm, the medium seems mostly moist but I want to replant it in fresh new moss. Can I consider taking them inside or I’ve heard some people use a refrigerator?
By Matt
I took a look at the photos and the medium your using doesn't look to be very good quality. Do you know what it is exactly?

Given you live in the south, I would not suggest putting them in the fridge and they will do fine outside all year there. In the case of a frost or freeze, bring them indoors until it passes. Otherwise, just leave them outside in full sun.
By MikeB
Matt wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:14 amIn the case of a frost or freeze, bring them indoors until it passes.
Or put them in your garage or shed overnight, then back in the sun the next morning.
Matt liked this

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!