FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By twitcher
I have available seeds of crosnes (pronounced crone). I am willing to trade for a ping I do not have or an epiphytic Utricularia start or possibly sell some.

It took me a long time to find these years ago, so I think they are special. They are probably easier to find now. I have had a small patch growing for years now. They are hardy to at least zone 5.

Crosnes is not a cp, but is a gourmet root vegetable, apparently rare here in the US. It is sweet, nutty, crunchy and looks like a small wriggly grub. My tubers get to about 1.5". This plant is easily grown in a 10" pot and likes moist soil. That will not produce a huge crop, but enough for an occasional treat. They make for a "tasty" practical joke. Flash a few in the hand and say look at these grubs I found, them pop them in the mouth. Chew and watch the reaction... (apologies, I did not invent this)

Crosnes attained some popularity a while back as a fancy, gourmet treat at some restaurants. I eat them raw and find them quite good. I never can get a large enough patch growing, since my area tends to be a little more dry than they prefer. Otherwise easy to grow.

Dean, are you listening??
By ChefDean
Aahhh, the Chinese Artichoke. They taste more like water chestnuts to me, and look great in a stir fry. It's especially fun to serve guests this stir fry without warning as it does look like you just served up some tasty grubs.
I don't have any epiphytic Utrics, but I do have a Ping coming out of summer dormancy, P. Emarginata x Juamavensis. It's producing some big leaves that are ripe for pulling. Would you be interested?
If not, what price are you asking for the seeds?
By twitcher
How about I just send some to the humoresque manager of the seed bank? as thanks for past services? I have more I can collect.
By ChefDean
That could work. I don't think I have enough time this year to grow them big enough to get tubers, but I can always put them down next Spring. I have a good place in mind.
Thank you.

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!