FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By denverone
I have my VFT seedling growing indoor under light as I had no choice as I dont have any bright windows and in iowa it is to cold any where outdoors. Anyways I had great success with germination and they were growing really well but know that have really slowed down and almost look like they are dormant or dying even though they are growing in the same conditions with no change in photoperiod or temp. Is this normal or have I done something wrong and are they dying. They are growing in peat and perlite with the soil damp but not soaked. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have sarracenia seedling and sundews growing in other trays with the same RO water and they seem to be doing fine as well.
By moof
Seedlings stop growth after some time, waiting for the dormancy period. The trick is to repot them 4 months after they germinated. What light do they have? The water is constantly in the tray?
By Veronis
moof wrote:Seedlings stop growth after some time, waiting for the dormancy period. The trick is to repot them 4 months after they germinated. What light do they have? The water is constantly in the tray?
Moof, question - when you say "repot" seedlings to make them think they had dormancy - is that all you have to do, repot them?

I've heard about this and would really like to try it with my VFT seedlings.
By moof
Yes, that's all you have to do. Some growers say that placing them in a dark or cold place for a short period is helpful too, but I didn't try this out with seedlings, only changed the soil and it worked.

A few additional things I use: a turkey baster (to[…]

I recommend both Lee's Botanical Gardens and Flytr[…]

I don't know what you have available but once you […]

Sundew in forest

Catfish won't eat mosquito larvae as the larvae ar[…]

Finally

Those are beautiful! I’m wondering what ki[…]

I just want to confirm that this has been sent as […]

Agreed, no plant seed cross will ever breed tue du[…]

Thanks for the help! I've contacted someone you me[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!