FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
xanthoparmelia wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:08 pm
ChefDean wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:46 pm Unfortunately, nobody has chickens, that's a gray area with the HOA that no one has challenged yet. I'll just have to drown them.
I'm in a similar boat. I really want chickens, but I'm hoping that one of my neighbors to try first. I don't want to be that guy, if it's something the HOA is uptight about.
My HOA says no poultry for commercial purposes, but doesn't restrict poultry as pets. Only restricts pets to 3 outdoor animals and 5 indoor animals. One neighbor is considering chickens, I only suggested he make sure his immediate neighbors are OK with it, and that he keep them contained.
I even suggested he bribe his neighbors with fresh eggs. We'll see how that pans out.
sanguinearocks101 liked this
By Artchic528
schmeg wrote:
Artchic528 wrote:I'll soon be setting up what I've dubbed, "The Bijou Brine Shimparium".... Essentially a sea monkey tank, but a little bit more....grown up.
I hope you've seen this: youtube.com/watch?v=5cydkOZzTAA

"The Battle over the Sea Monkey Fortune" | NY Times story | podcast episode
I have heard of this Sea Monkey TV show before. I just don't know why it was made. Just why?

Did you know that Harold von Braunhut, the man who created the Sea Monkeys, was a Nazi sympathizer and added the "von" to his last name to sound more "German" and distance himself from his Jewish parentage. He also was associated with white supremacist groups, apparently using some of his profits from creating and selling Sea Monkeys to donate firearms to a faction of the KKK and regularly attended annual "Aryan Nations" conference meetings.

Yup, the man behind one of the most iconic items sold in the back of comic books was one big old racist.
Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!