FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By chomato
Hey everyone, as some of you know, pings are the bane of my existence. After talking with some folks at CC, they mentioned that P emarginata MIGHT be one that I can actually manage to not kill.

For this reason, I'm reaching out to see if anyone has and is willing to part ways with a small emarginata specimen? I don't want to purchase a fully grown one, as I might just end up killing it, so the cheaper the better.

PM me or comment here if you have any. Thanks.
By twitcher
Sorry to hear about the problems. I think pings are very easy, so perhaps the thing to do is explore what might be going wrong that you keep losing them? There's a lot of help available here. There's probably something happening that might not be too obvious that is causing your losses. We can start with the basics, what kind of water do you use, how do you water and do you test it. What kind of media? ,,,etc.

BTW, I have a bunch of pings from Xantho. He sends very healthy plants that do well.
By chomato
twitcher wrote:Sorry to hear about the problems. I think pings are very easy, so perhaps the thing to do is explore what might be going wrong that you keep losing them? There's a lot of help available here. There's probably something happening that might not be too obvious that is causing your losses. We can start with the basics, what kind of water do you use, how do you water and do you test it. What kind of media? ,,,etc.

BTW, I have a bunch of pings from Xantho. He sends very healthy plants that do well.
Hey twitcher, it's not so much water or media, I just burn them to hell. Also, the cuttings you sent me, I ended up dropping them while moving the pot, so that didn't help either
By chomato
xanthoparmelia wrote:$6 for a small (< 1") plus $3.50 for shipping. Shipped bare root, but my substrate mix is available if interested. If the price is right, feel free to PM me.
PM'd
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!