FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Ronnie
Hi Guys, i'm Ronnie. Living in Dundee, Scotland. 19 years old and at University doing Biomedical Science.

Got my first VFT kit today after searching everywhere locally for seeds or plants and found literally nothing. So i've settled for this. I doubt it will grow but i'll give it a try until i can afford some seeds or a plant.

Nice forum here and i hope people can help me when needed and i'll contribute help where possible.

Cheers, Ronnie! :D
By Aging_Bourbon
Hello Ronnie from Scotland!

Welcome to flytrapcare! so glad that you could join this wonderful online family
Ronnie wrote: Got my first VFT kit today after searching everywhere locally for seeds or plants and found literally nothing. So i've settled for this. I doubt it will grow but i'll give it a try until i can afford some seeds or a plant.

Nice forum here and i hope people can help me when needed and i'll contribute help where possible.
That's awesome man! But if you want seeds you could ask for some in the "Seed Bank" section during the summer. Just give it a try man you'll never know it might grow! Just remember to use Pure water (Rain, R.O, or Distilled) water stay away from Tap or bottled water for they may harm or kill your plant!
By Ronnie
Hi Allen! Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'll give it a go and see what happens.. Yeah i've posted in that sectiopn although i don't really think i'll get a response as most plants have already flowered and are going inot dormancy.. Was just to see if anyone had spare ones kicking about..

I've been using Distilled water.. I just take it from the labs, they have galleons of it..

How long should i wait for these seeds to start germinating? Theve no doubt been sitting on a shelf for a good few months..

Cheers!
Ronnie.
By Aging_Bourbon
No prob man here is a a article from Steve_D on his site Click Here
Ronnie wrote:How long should i wait for these seeds to start germinating?
A few weeks about 4-6+ weeks at the most
By Ronnie
Thanks guys..

If anything happens i'll be sure to post pictures, since it'll be my first seedlings..

Thanks, Ronnie!
By hackerberry
Hello Ronnie, sorry for the late greeting!

hb
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!