FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Benny
Yours is also grown indoors. Nevertheless, yours still is a larger than average flytrap.
By Adrien
Benny wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:25 pm Yours is also grown indoors. Nevertheless, yours still is a larger than average flytrap.
I’m waiting for all of them to make divisions so I can begin putting them outside, also drew owner of carnivero says they can do well indoors with proper lighting and they grow well. Although, growing outdoors will always be best for VFT if they can be grown outside. When I grew outdoors for years my flytraps never looked how they look indoors, they where always all green and sluggish. I’m really loving how indoors is turning out and I’m actually getting vft that are putting on some size, yes I’ll be putting them out for dormancy ofc.
By Benny
Ah. Getting some extra divisions for experimenting will be good. Then you have your reserve (the indoor ones) just in case it all goes downhill.

Outdoors is, and always will be, best for flytraps.
Adrien liked this
By Adrien
Benny wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:53 pm Ah. Getting some extra divisions for experimenting will be good. Then you have your reserve (the indoor ones) just in case it all goes downhill.

Outdoors is, and always will be, best for flytraps.
Yes that’s the point, my reserve. I lost most of my collection because of nature while I’m out in school not home to take care for them. And yes I agree that outdoors will always be better, just don’t neglect them like I did
Benny liked this
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

So sorry I can’t make it for this one. If th[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!