FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to organize or join a group order

Moderator: Matt

By crazy_carnivores
mcgrumpers wrote:Can anyone please suggest a currently available heliamphora that is pretty phenomenal and may be able to be kept outside of a terrarium (with plenty of light of course)?
mcgrumpers wrote:
they have a ton of awesome helis in stock right now check the price list on their site. I would recommend h. elongata
By crazy_carnivores
sanguinearocks101 wrote:Does anyone have any recommendations for fast growing Heliamphora?
H. nutans is a great one to start out with. H. heterodoxa and H. minor are also good.
By hungry carnivores
If you're into juvenile pitcher, H. Peter Pan seems cool. That is if you want the novelty of having a flowering juvenile plant.
By crazy_carnivores
sanguinearocks101 wrote:What do you think of Heliamphora chimantensis?
that one is a nice one as well.
By crazy_carnivores
sanguinearocks101 wrote:I read that Heliamphora hispida grows at really high elevations, does it require colder temperatures due to this or can it handle temperatures suitable for regular elevation Heliamphora? Sorry for asking so many questions, I'm new to Heliamphora
no problem :D , I grow helis in a very humid plastic bag / humidity dome. they do just fine in there

https://www.carnivorousplants.org/grow/ ... liamphora

this link should help
By hungry carnivores
I suggest you get a minor, @sanguinearocks101. They're fast growers, cute, and stay compact (so you can fit em in a dome). They also look very handsome in the clusters that they form, which Nutans and Chimatiensis would take a while to do.
By Coco
Heliamphora heterodoxa x ionassii seems very promising as a vigorous grower. Some people are able to acclimate it to their windowsill (of course, it'll have to be an extremely slow process by poking a hole in the bag per week)

https://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.p ... -ionassii/
By sanguinearocks101
Coco wrote:Heliamphora heterodoxa x ionassii seems very promising as a vigorous grower. Some people are able to acclimate it to their windowsill (of course, it'll have to be an extremely slow process by poking a hole in the bag per week)

https://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.p ... -ionassii/
Thank you :D ! People said it can handle 35 degrees celsius(95 degrees fahrenheit) so it will do good for me.
Coco liked this
By crazy_carnivores
sanguinearocks101 wrote:Does anyone have an idea of how long it would take a juvenile heterodoxa x ionasii to start producing mature pitchers?
it depends, maybe 1-2 growing seasons sometimes if you order from wistuba they might give you a mature one too
By crazy_carnivores
As the host, the plants will be delivered to my house and will be distributed accordingly. please note that since I will be shipping the plants to your house, I will add a second shipping fee with the cost depending on the size of plants ordered and weight. also, I cannot be held responsible for any damage to the plants during shipping. that will be between you and wistuba. however, If the plant is very unhealthy upon arrival, I believe that you may send a picture to the nursery and and you will be refunded.

thank you all for participating in this group order

If you are going to use peat/perlite just slip pot[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

A few weeks back most of my VFTs suddenly put out […]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!