FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Archie Adams
I inherited a huge piece of land and so that the land would benefit, I started gardening in my free time, but none of my friends are not interested with this, I don’t have anyone to talk about it with, ask for advice, so I found your forum. I hope here I will find all the answers to my questions and maybe I can help someone.
By Archie Adams
Thank you) Usually I prefer Butterworts and Bladderworts
By twitcher
Do you grow them outside? What is your climate like? What goals do you have for the land that would suggest tyes of trees, fruits, etc.
By Archie Adams
As for butterworts, I grow it outdoors so there is less stress for the plant. Not far from me there is river, which means land is very suitable for them. Outdoor plants do well when planted near a water feature or even in soggy soil. When growing sundews outdoors, till soil completely and mix in sphagnum moss to increase the acidity.
I use only some kind of clean water, such as distilled water, reverse osmosis , or rainwater. Bottled water and spring water from the grocery store are not recommended. The soil should be moist, but not flooded. I do not use tap water. Carnivorous plants thrive better when they feed on prey and outdoor growing will naturally provide sufficient food. Sometime I am also using freeze-dried bloodworms, crickets, flake fish food, etc. Crush or grind the food into small pieces or powder for better absorption on Butterworts. as for fertilizing I dont use them now.

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!