FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By mcgrumpers
Ideal temperature is between 65-75 F. Slight deviations are OK but I may start wilting above 90 F and go dormant below 50 F. Constant feeding is required. I'm not sure about the NPK values, but I've had great success with pizza, hamburgers, and seafood.

Since I live in a small apartment and have no backyard, most of my plants are under LED lights in a 4 level wire rack. I have a couple of fans mounted on the wire rack for air circulation. Both the fans and the lights are automatically controlled with those "smart" outlets. The fans turn on for a few minutes every half hour (24/7) and the lights turn on for 10 hours a day at the moment. I'm probably going to configure the photoperiod of the LEDs to automatically match sunrise/sunset times in some location that grows wild CPs (maybe australia?).

For a few months, I spent quite a lot of time setting everything up, but now all I have to do on a regular basis is make sure my plants get enough water and make sure my gluttonous humpty doo gets enough food / metallica.
mcgrumpers liked this
By DesertPat
mcgrumpers wrote:Ideal temperature is between 65-75 F. Slight deviations are OK but I may start wilting above 90 F and go dormant below 50 F. Constant feeding is required. I'm not sure about the NPK values, but I've had great success with pizza, hamburgers, and seafood.
I may have to do a giveaway post someday with a question and the winner will be the person who (in my eyes) posts the most smart-alecky answer. This would be a sure front runner, I love it! Keep em coming, with the serious bits...

Patrick
By Artchic528
My ideal growing conditions for my plants? I put 'em in a nice big pot of 100% Canadian Sphagnum peat moss, then stick 'em outside in a spot that gets plenty of full sun and occasionally water 'em when it's been a while since the last rain. Other than that and giving them a fresh pot of peat in the Spring, I do nothing for the most part.

To be fair, I'm only growing flytraps in North Carolina so yeah, not much work involved. LOL
Artchic528 liked this
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!