FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By ZackNJ
Do you any of you guys/gals use foggers? I just ordered one. I need the humidity in my tank to be extremely high. was also thinking of going back to the glass store and having another piece of glass cut with an opening just for the fan. What do you guys think?
By Veronis
A small fogger would probably work fine. If you mean a hole for the fogger's fan/tube, it'd make for less humidity escapage (is that a word? no) so if it's an option, why not? You may want to wait and see how it does without the hole first, it might not even be necessary.

Regarding the fan you have in the tank - i was thinking about this and forgot to mention it before. I had great success setting up my terrarium fan on a separate timer. I basically set it to go on and off throughout the day, and once for an hour in the middle of the night, to emulate wind. This gives the plants some time with ridiculously high humidity, and times where the wind removes a bit of it. Just a thought.

I didn't use a fogger in mine, I had a huge water tray that sat all across the bottom of the tankand I put the separate trays right in it, so the plants still had separate water tables, but there was a lot more evaporation and high humidity. It was 90% with the fan off, and about 60-70% while the fan was on. Higher at night when the lights were off and the heat was down.

Do you have updated pics of your setup?
By hackerberry
I was thinking of doing the same thing but foggers are ridiculously expensive. I am still planning on just using a fan and a tray of water under the pots [pots are suspended] with a bubbler. This should be fine specially for my highland neps. Share some photos so we can maybe get some ideas.

hb
By Veronis
HB, when you say pots are suspended - how do you mean? Do you put a sturdy plastic mesh something-or-other on top of the large water tray to sit your individual pots on?
By hackerberry
Yup, a plastic mesh. The ones that you use for vents.

hb
By ZackNJ
I ordered a fogger on ebay for 39.99(brand new) It is made by zoo med. The original price is 99.99.
By hackerberry
wow, that's a nice deal. Repti fogger is great.

hb
By ZackNJ
hackerberry wrote:wow, that's a nice deal. Repti fogger is great.

hb
I believe he has more. If u want to know where i got it let me know.
By hackerberry
Thanks for the offer, I've seen a lot of those but shipping to Canada is just insane.

hb
By Veronis
ZackNJ wrote:I ordered a fogger on ebay for 39.99(brand new) It is made by zoo med. The original price is 99.99.
I was looking at those awhile back when I was considering getting one. After looking into the options, that's the same one I would have gotten.

Zoo Med makes solid products.
By kevinqwe
with that super high humidity you have to be careful of mold.
good luck
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!