FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By HellCheckers
Hey, so I got a Venus flytrap but I’ve accidentally let it dry out. All the leaves have died and I thought it was a goner by then. But when I went to dig it up, I noticed that some of the rhizome was still white and firm.

I want to give the plant another chance since I messed up and I’ve heard that with enough time, the flytrap can regenerate as long as the rhizome is still healthy. So if it’s still salvageable, can you guys give me some tips so I can help it work out?
Attachments:
CBBE387E-8136-4307-AFBD-1A789971848A.jpeg
CBBE387E-8136-4307-AFBD-1A789971848A.jpeg (1.93 MiB) Viewed 3341 times
By Artchic528
There may still be a chance that the rhizome will grow into a whole plant again so it's worth the effort to try.

Happy growing and good luck!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
By thefic
I just had the same thing happen. One pot dried out and I was able to get some viable leaf pullings and the rhizomes look good. So hopefully they will regrow.
By Coco
As long as the rhizome is white and firm, there's a good chance that it'll regrow a new root system and traps.

When I was repotting my flytraps, I had a Wacky trap that looked like it had divided. So, I tried to pull them apart ... it wasn't coming off easily so I was like, huh, this is a stubborn division. And yeah, I was the stubborn one and basically ripped it apart when it wasn't ready yet. I forced and split the rhizome in half where one half had all the roots and the other one didn't. I planted them both and hoped for the best where I'm now seeing new tiny growth after about a month and a half.

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!